New builder? LIST OF KNOWN AND COMMONLY USED PARTS!

that’s it my brother!, pick a cetegory for this, probably general.

A123 26650 cells LiFePO4

1 Like

Add @RunPlayBack 's Sulaco v1 enclosure

1 Like

Add Bones Super Red / replace the Bones Red with it. It’s much better slightly abit more but better for higher speed. If you want cost effective ceramic bearings go for Bones Super Red Ceramic.

1 Like

NTM Prop Drive 5060 270Kv motor

1 Like

RS Components 9mm x 255t HTD 5M belt

Edit: meant 255t, not mm. -_-

1 Like

Castle- 6s mamba monster2 8s Castle XL2

Hobbywing- 6s EzRun MAX8 8s EzRun MAX5 200a or 8s EzRun MAX6 160a
Sensored 6s- XeRun XR8 Plus

1 Like

Maybe Jacobs and Hummies hub motors

i would add all SK3 motors here, 6374, 6364, 6355 with the various KVs!

also nearly everything from aliendrivesystems or soon alienpowersystem apparantly is missing as the only real EU source. they have kegel, seismic and abec gears / adapters with 9 and 15mm width.

also missing: http://www.esk8.de as the first EU supplier of vescs and they have motors, mounts and drive gears in 9 and 15mm too!

as for battery cells - the best contenders for large batteries arent here: LG MJ1, Samsung 35E and Sanyo GA

i would divide up the 18650 cells into 3 sections.

high drain / small capacity (30A/cell, 2500mAh): samsung 25R, Sony VTC5, LG HE2/HE4) mid drain/mid capacity (20A/cell, 3000mAh): LG HG2 low drain / large capacity (10A/cell, 3500mAh): LG MJ1, Samsung 35E and Sanyo GA.

and then we have the lesser used 26650 A123 and LiPos for seriously large drain applications or fairly small batteries such as the boosted!

5 Likes

@evoheyax This is very nice. I wish this would have been up when I started getting interested in building my first board, would have saved me a month or so.

Would making the list into links be too much? It would probably avoid people from asking where to get them.

And what about other sources for belts and pulleys/drives? I’ve seen a few others on some threads.

1 Like

All anyone would have to do is copy and paste any of this information into google or ebay and voila! instant information with links. And way less time consuming for @evoheyax

I want to put links. First, I want to come up with a list though. I will put everything in a database soon so I can keep this list updated. I’ll write some bots to keep up with prices and sources. But first, I need a list lol

3 Likes

Maytech motors:

MTO5065‐200‐G MTO6355‐230‐G MTO6355‐250‐G MTO6365‐200‐G MTO6365‐270‐G MTO6374‐200‐G

All their motors have 10mm shafts so I would add a note to them

Catching up slowly but steadily.

@everyone The more specific you can be, the easier it will be to add stuff. It takes time to go to websites, pull stuff off, and throw it up. So listing specific parts to add is the quickest and easiest way for me to keep this list updated :slight_smile:

Also, I’m trying to keep track of the details which matter, such as voltage and amps with electronics, and teeth and width with mechanical stuff. So the more of that, the better :slight_smile:

here’s another source of belts http://shop.polybelt.com/5M-Metric-Pitch-Timing-Belt_c10.htm credits to @sl33py

1 Like

I used the following escs. They are meant for helicopters but worked perfectly with my eboard!

HobbyKing YEP 120A HV (4~14S) Brushless Speed Controller (OPTO) Hobbyking YEP 80A (2~6S) SBEC Brushless Speed Controller

1 Like

Do those escs have brakes?

1 Like