New Build (Yet to be named) Dual 6354's, Dual VESC, 100mm MBS Wheels, Other Parts to be Decided

The group buy is finished. A single pair will cost to much for custom, shipping ecc… Sorry :persevere:

@rey8801 The only issue I can potentially see is that the recommended voltage is 25v so could that be an issue?

it has a 85mm wheel diameter and thicker PU so motor must be a lot smaller.

@Winfly Do you happen to know of any high quality hub motors currently purchasable?

Hummie hubs there is no other good alternative

would you like to consider direct drive? I know TorqueBoard is coming out with DD motor. and Metasurf need to fix up their design and production. So these are the 2 upcoming alternatives. idk maybe in months. Carvon is gona take a long ass time and not taking any order right now.

AFAIK there’s Maytech hub that overheats like crazy, Meepo hubs that are weak as shit, R2 hubs are not sold individually anymore. Mellow is overpriced for what they are.

ask @visnu777 about landwheel hubs? I believe that are also like middle tier

I agree @moon there’s no alternative to hummie hubs. For hubs, I rank hummie and R2 as top tier and then there’s everybody else on the meh and then the definitely shit categories.

Your best bet is to get enough ppl to do another MAD hub groupbuy.

1 Like

@Winfly I’ve heard some good reviews on Jacobs hubs, do you know if their any good and if there anywhere I can get a set?

Can you just read what that guy said. Hummie hubs or nothing…

Jacob hubs are extinct. pretty sure out of business

You are totally right. I just looked at the motor from outside. Ops! My bad. @AdamE3399 sorry man, no they won’t be the same motor.

I also have not hear about Jacobs hubs for a long time. i’m sure there are companies outside that took his hub design and made some products. let me tell you one thing. The SOLE reason hummie started making hubs is because he was so disappointed at Jacobs hub so he decided to make his own.

I too remember 4 years ago when Jacob was the first guy making hubs and working along with enertion. There was so much hype … and then I put away Esk8 until end of last year and I leapfrogged a lot of build options to the best stuff available on the market :joy:

1 Like

Alright ill probably just have to wait until another batch of Hummies comes out

At the mean time @lumaci selling backfire hub motors. Not the strongest for sure but you can ride now. Plus if you use them at 12s I am sure they will be fun. They should 83mm I believe which is nice. The closest to the ground the better control you have

1 Like

I got yep, 80mm pu with 96mm sold on their website.

They are surprisingly strong, much stronger then the Ownboard i use now but the wieres are a bottleneck on them loads of fun with a vesc.

1 Like

Did you have the change to test the real Kv?

The pair i use on my other board says 76KV so more or less 75KV

Nice then at 12s even with 80mm wheels should bring you just above 40kmh with nice torque.

1 Like

Should even give more, im getting 42km/h with a basic hub motor ESC with 80mm wheels and 10s

1 Like

Ah ok super nice then.

Hummie don’t plan to sell motor kits in the near future

Hey man look at this! You might get some Enertion Hubs on Cyber Monday. But it could take some time until delivery.