New Build (Yet to be named) Dual 6354's, Dual VESC, 100mm MBS Wheels, Other Parts to be Decided

Those hubs look like thy are screaming for trouble! Only three screws to keep them on your trucks. Does not look any more reliable then your motor mounts. And they are recommended for less then 25V battery.

Recommended configuration parameters Battery 18V-25.2V, capacity 5A-15A, discharge rate: 5C-25C

My gut says me stay away from them.

1 Like

Alright thanks for the advice

What about these: http://steelhubs.com/#store or are those Hummies?

@dareno or @goldrabe do you think these are a good option:http://steelhubs.com/ since im pretty sure their hummies it just doesn’t give an option to ship to Australia

thats hummies company and they are the best hubs atm. He’ll ship them anywhere if he has them to send. @Hummie where you at bro?

Sadly he has just finished or is finishing his latest batch, which are already sold out. I don´t know about your budget, but have you considered a gear drive setup? @Kug3lis is running a group buy at the moment for Urethane 107mm wheels gear drive. I did put them in the cart to check for shipping, i am located in Japan and it was surprisingly cheap, 35€! Gear drives are relative maintenance free and everything is swappable like wheels motors ect.

There is also a gear drive made by @Kaly which is highly thought after, but it is more geared towards Mountain Boards and bigger wheels. I am running Meepo hubs with VESC´s and they are good for what they are, but I would never invest in them again. You will soon be wanting more and going to pay twice!

Im now actually pretty set on @Hummie hubs so I think I will wait until he has made some more

1 Like

@goldrabe Also even though hes finished his most recent batch can I not still order them from steelhubs?

I don´t think so, but the best is to ask the man himself. The latest of what I heard is that he will do a Kickstarter after he has all Hubs from his recent batch sent out.

@AdamE3399 hi! What he says is true a dual belt drive 6374 with the right gears can not be beaten by the commercial hub motors at the moment. The only one I see competitive are probably Hummie hubs. The reason is also because dual 6374 has bigger motors compare to the classical hub motors around here. While if you compare them to dual 6355 then you can have comparable performance. I disnt mention enertion Becuase their hub (the old version at least) I don’t think they are more powerful than what I am using now. Between the hubs I have tried I can say that quality price the Meepo style hubs =I have the old version, no problem of weird sounds from the replaceable motor can) at 12s are really fun. Real Kv 65 so the torque is there. Top speed of 43kmh in FOC a bit more in BLDC (see video and telemetry of this hubs in my build log). They run smooth and you only hear the rolling of a normal skateboard, which I like a lot. Of you want more power then the MAD hubs are really strong, but less efficient compare to meepo hubs. They ask and deliver more power so the range goes down. I tested the 130Kv version and they are crazy fast. I now have the 75Kv version which allow 43kmh top speed at 10s and 50 and something at 12s. I think 75Kv at 12s is gonna be more powerful or really similar to Raptor 2. That my experience. I only run hub motors Becuase I like the style and I do not like all the belt system at the rear truck. That’s me, if you don’t care about it then belt drive is a really good option. I am personally converting my hubs to direct drive (I know that hub are direct drive too, vmbut I mean more Carvon style) and making a crazy powerful one. Thst one I am sure is gonna be more than dual belt drive. We will see it. Other option is the gear drives. I like the fact that they are more compact, but they really expensive at the moment, since they are custom made.

2 Likes

For real world experience i’m sure @Winfly has a set up and running. could be wrong though. I get confused.

@rey8801 so are the made hub motors these ones: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-STOCK-1200W-Front-Rear-Hub-Motor-for-DIY-Electric-Long-Board-Skateboard/222990461411?hash=item33eb4469e3:g:n4MAAOSwWDBbBo7a:rk:23:pf:0 which I listed earlier?

are you talking about this upgraded 13s beast I was just about to make a post about? image

@rey8801 Hummie hub has a similar stator size of a 6374 and uses actual curved magnets to close the gap between magnets and stator even further. not to mention the strong magnet (forgot what number is was N48?) he picked is super strong and high temp resistance.

4 Likes

That is a majestic looking board @Winfly, what kind of speeds and range do you get with that?

I’m almost finished this board. pulling numbers from the eskate calculator, it goes about 30mph weighted at nominal voltage and 33 at full charge. range? i dont know. its 13s4p.

P.S. Hummie hubs is 84mm with 80mm contact pad to the ground, matching the 83mm centrax. lots of grip but only comes in one wheel size atm.

Hi those on the site I don’t sell anymore. Shipping out some sets today but don’t think will have more until do a kickstarter soon sorry

No this one look the older version of torque board’s hubs. I believe that the motor are the same but they are older in version, no sensored. You can see the MAD hub in the group buy thread

@rey8801 So would you be willing to sell me a set and ship it to Australia? and if so how much would it cost?

@rey8801 So would these motors be a good option though? and I don’t need sensored as im running dual VESC’s

I never test them. If the motor is the same as I think then they should be ok. They now moved to a new locking system design, which gives positive and cont results. When I originally testes them I got the version with the same locking system you have in the picture. So the 6 bite that goes inside the PU. It’s know that you will need to add loctite on each screws and pay attention to don’t go to deep with the front screws otherwise you will touch the motor winding. I think the motor inside is the same but I can not be sure. If it the same and you get the 75Kv. They pull strong, really strong.