New Build, Enertion Dual Drive, VESC, Member Built Mounts, Space Cell

Hello folks, my name is Al, and I just ordered a bunch of parts from the boys down under (enertion) for my first build. I ordered 2x6355s, 2xVESCs, 2x36Tdrivehubs, a set of wheels, 2x14Tpulleys and belts.

I’ll be making my own aluminum mounts and welding them to the trucks, as well as making my own enclosure (really cool right up on here on how to mold a plastic enclosure)

I’m looking forward to my first build.

A lot of great information on this board. Thanks BigAl…

1 Like

hey @BigAl its really nice to have a new member on here prepared to document their build… build threads are the best way to educate others & also its great to look back to see what your first build was like… my 1st was a joke :sob:

anyway look forward to your progress.

1 Like

So this is the deck I’ll be using for my build, I like the retro style boards.

BigAl…

I would like to install a meter to keep tabs on the battery, what do you guys suggest?

Is it as simple as just putting a cheap LED meter on the battery wires before the VESC?

Which meter do you guys suggest? I’ll be using dual 6S packs for the dual drive setup.

The voltage will be 22.2V at full charge, so am I correct in thinking anything near 17.76V (22.2x.8=17.76) is approaching the end of my ride?

One last question (we all know thats not true!) where do you put the switch to turn the board on/off?

Thanks BigAl…

I just use a cheap lipo alarm as my gauge. cost about $2 and has that added bonus of beeping when you are out of juice.

1 Like

Do you have a source/link please ?

Just go to ebay and type “lipo alarm”

What’s the wheelbase on that deck? It might get pretty cramped under there, but i think you can pull it off.

it’s definitely going to be cramped but I took some rough measurements and I should be ok (fingers crossed).

BTW I ordered the lipo alarm, thanks for the suggestion.

Al…

@BigAl n order to make the “E-board Builds” category really easy to search & locate specific builds i am asking that you change your title to something descriptive that better expresses the makeup of your build.

Most of the new build threads tend to end up with a name such as "new- noob - noobie - beginner - first - build - help - newb" this becomes hard to keep track of.

I would like to see each build thread with a descriptive title, such as; Project Name | Deck Name | Trucks | Motor type | Mounting method | Voltage/Battery | ESC

Example The Samurai | Custom Deck | Paris Trucks | R-SPEC | Custom Mount | 10S | VESC

You guys are costing my money.

After reading a bunch of post about the Space Cell, I realized its the way to go so I just ordered one, errrrrg, more money.

BigAl…

1 Like

it will suck you in and steal all your money- before you know it, you’ll have a crazy intense eboard and a crazy thin wallet, lol. :joy:

haha … i did the same thing. i went for 2 vesc and space cell.

1 Like

it basically put me in debt, which is why i’m about to start selling boutique completes for cash money. Its like people who start doing drugs and then can’t support their habit and so they start selling drugs. Except skateboards.

These things are a drug and should be in the top most addictive list alongside nicotine, heroine, caffeine, and sugar.

2 Likes

I’m a full crack addict…

2 Likes

so my next question is regarding the space cell. when I unpacked the cell this weekend I turned it on and it indicated 76%. obviously when I charge it, it will indicate 100%, so my question is, how long can I use it for? to what percentage can I discharge it to without causing any damage to the cell?

Thanks guys Al…

1 Like

So I finally found some time to work on the EBoard

Those of you who mentioned that my board was probably to small were correct. As a matter of fact the spacecell by itself didn’t fit between the trucks. So the hunt for a new deck began. I finally decided on a Cindrich billet deck.

I really like this deck, I have a racecar background so I’m really diggin the billet aluminum.

Then I had to decide on some grip tape and I found this on ebay.

I welded the torqueboards mounts and made an aluminum crossmember to minimize the flexing.

4 Likes

Wow, I’ve never seen those decks. That is awesome. Can’t wait to see the rest of this one.

Very sick deck! Should probably message these guys to directly incorperate an enclose in their billet!

Nice deck! Love the griptape! Good idea with the rod from motor mount to motor mount.