New Bergmeister wheels in different colors

@riverside.rider Timo will you also sell the aluminium pulleys this weekend?

hi Roman (@Grozniy )ā€¦i have decided against the use of aluminum pulleys given nearly double the weight as compared to pulleys made of POM. We will only start production of the POM pulleys by Feb 25th and it will take approx. 3 weeks for them to be finished and ready for shipment. So, so they wonā€™t be sold during the flash sale. BUT, if you have access to a CNC mill, then it may be much faster to have them done locally. The website will be updated asap. This has kinda slipped thru my hands and the plan is to have this all done once I am back in Taipei.

2 Likes

:smile: ho man, do you have acces to my computer !? haha

Itā€™s the next thing I was preparing, but I havenā€™t retain this option cause itā€™s a bit more expensive ā€¦ But working on another similar ā€œplugā€ version :wink:

1. I have made this full one piece pulley hub-plug

Butā€¦ dam the price is around +60ā‚¬/pcs.

1. So I was thinking about a Nylon printing or POM CNC base part (here render in AL chromeā€¦ just cause it looks better ^^) and alloy tooth.

It could work well too but still 2 parts to make, so not that cheaper.

But on my last proto, with the Bgm rims and a bit longer screws that plug (not screw) directly in the adapter of the gear/pulley. That should work too ā€¦ I have to test! Capturesup So we just have to make a pulley with the Bgm pattern, looks simpler and easier to produce.

Maybe just - I donā€™t know how itā€™s called or if it exists, but - some ā€œscrew coverā€ on the end of the screw could be nice to work better with the plugging on the pulley. (haaaaa sorry, hard time trying to write correct English ā€¦ Iā€™m too lazy to use google trad :laughing: and I donā€™t find a picture of what I wantā€¦)

8 Likes

Iā€™d be happy to test it printed out of nylon if you want.

1 Like

Ok, but as I havenā€™t tested it yet, let me check again this old design, in order to be 99% sure that it works and fit the rim :smile: (and save you some time and material) then I will export it and share you the test-file asap! BTW, It was designed with 45T actually (or 50T donā€™t remember).

Could you make it larger? I have the 200kv racerstars unfortunately and would like to use it afterwards if it works. I think Iā€™d need 60t or up.

1 Like

Ok, I will see for the 60T, but not up as it is already close enough to the ground :wink:

I have a 60t from @marcmt88, I am very happy with the quality and they are light as hell for POM pulleys. I would recommend buying from marc as he is the only one doing some high quality pulleys and mounts. I should had bought my mounts from him with my pulley but better late than never. Now I wait for my Janux mounts :slight_smile: though the mounts he wants to provide for AT and larger pulleys has a longer arm for the motor mounts.

Fits like a glove :ok_hand: F87FE8D5-2BD7-4A30-92E1-22AD50C520E1

8 Likes

I would get them in a heartbeat - but heā€™s in the US and stuff just gets ridiculously expensive once you have to ship it to Europe. Itā€™s why I love the idea of 3D printing: have someone supply the file from wherever they are in the world and then manufacture it at your own home without the need to unnecessarily ship things around.

2 Likes

The same for me, shipping kills the thingā€¦ Still have to choose if I go Bergmeister or not but itā€™s the same problem with others wheels/hubs/pulleys providers, theyā€™re almost all located in USA !

2 Likes

Honestly, when I bought my Bergmeister wheels I should had bought it with the trucks/mounts just to make life simpler. So my only other alternative was either Torqueboards (shipping is 40usd flat) or marcā€™s mounts. Go with Haggy if you want the whole shabang for a good shipping price.

3 Likes

For real. @riverside.rider with haggy really is a great choice

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I did just today! Bought them AT Haggy Drive system + Abec 11 mounts. Get it right now for a great deal! Timo is also offering special Maytech 6374 motors

1 Like

What what what? @riverside.rider

4 Likes

Yeah, good point but I want to be able to put some 107mm for street and also would give a try to idlers (and I already have trucks, motors, motor pulleys, ABEC pulleys) Iā€™ll go with marcmt88 mounts and POM pulleys and then cry when Iā€™ll get my package in the post office because of the customs. Not used to this in EU where the displayed price with shipping is always final :wink:

Still have to choose colours for the flash sale !

Keep all those nice designs, dude ! I lived two hours far from you and 60 euros is nothing compare to the same amout just for customs ^^ We need to set a thing up for EU Berg peeps so they can have affordable pulleys too

And by the way, why in hell isnā€™t there already a standard community pulley and adapters for all AT rims or Street cores in town (not sure this expression is very english, coming from french, sorry) ?

1 Like

though I think POM and aluminum pulleys will outlast any other pulleys. Unless you guy a guy in EU who can do it :stuck_out_tongue:

Alu is the way I see this whole thing :slight_smile: Nothing 3D printed in my builds (for transmission)

Thank you mate :wink: Yes, letā€™s do this! I start something ā€¦ tomorrow :smile:

2 Likes

Upon reading his email when sober it seems he only ordered some test units and just made a one off offer to me. Sorry for the confusion