New benchwheel board broke, need help with repair!

I guess the pulley is glued with the strongest loctite. I do this to my pulleys and i have no issues. Also pulleys with a keyway are no problem on a round shaft. And when i want to get it off then i heat it with the soldering gin und spin it instead of pulling. At the beginning i also thought that it only would work with non keyway pulleys so i gave it a try. But it works awesome.

Mine had a circlip and was really tough to pull out too. But I still canā€™t open the motor covers. Canā€™t find an Allen key or screwdriver that will turn it. And canā€™t really tell which I need to be honest. The hole is too tiny for me to see into.

Should be Allen. Iā€™ve taken the entire drive train apart and dealt with only Allen screws.

SAME PROBLEM HERE!!! bought it from ALIEXPRESS, GREENAR STORE, cant open dispute because im late 2weeks of that. :frowning: they dont respond anymoreā€¦ cant get the allen screw out, bec its head became oval :frowning: . dont know how to get that out.

which motor do you recommend? is turnigy the best one? Iā€™d like waterproof type, and maybe faster than original 275kv, maybe 320kv?

where can I get a new pulley?

wow bad bad luck with your motor ,I am 94kg and i have no troubles going up any hill and there are some steep ones i have to pass i recon eassy 30 degreesat teh steepest but althought it goes slow towards the top it get there ,unless its on low battery then it does not i have to get off it and just let it ride its self up there with out me on it i run along i donā€™ mind this cos it goes so far i really hammer it every day sometime i charge it and fully use it 3 times an day ,i always keep mine super clean ,if its bone dry out side i donā€™t need to clean it every time but if it damp out there if there is any sign of splatter under the board i take off the drive wheels and wash and dry the belt and i use a tooth brush in the groves of the belt ,once you get muddy grim in the groves the belt or the gear loses it control ,if your riding it and the belt ever slips you can also do a tric i do i carry a blush brush and i have got a small jar with talkum power in it ,i stop and turn it upside down and just wipe the belts groves with a paper towel & apply some power to the groves of the belt with the blush brush ,it just if i have happened to go through a slushy muddy puddle ,and i have bought the very very best ceramic bearings too ,i have to say it made a considerable difference changing the bearings to ABEC 11 ,BUT THE CERAMIC bearings WILL IMPROVE THINGS EVEN MORE ,TRUST ME back to your issue if i was you i would buy the motor kit from bench wheel and change the motor .,i mean sending it to china and at its huge weight is gonna cost to much . i do know they sell the motor kits for it on there website , i think i even saw some bench wheel motors on ebay .co .uk a few days ago they were about Ā£200 i think ,i canā€™t really remember thou donā€™t quote me i promise you one thing bench wheel board are superb once you have it going again you be happy you got one , sounds to me like the hall sensor in the motor is the fault ither that or theres a mechanical issue any way good luck buddy hope that you get you bench whell going soon and what was it a c or a b shape one you got ? i got a c ,cos i was toying with buying and fitting off road all terain wheel to it ,but i can not find them ! maybe some one can help me with that . cheers guys

Hi, they actually sent me a replacement. Although it did take a long time, and I had to raise a dispute before it happened. I do agree it was a pretty good board. However, the entire board died recently. Iā€™ve almost finished building something new. I did honestly really like the benchwheel while it was working. But itā€™s been so unreliable that I just would not buy another. Itā€™s like gambling whether I get a working product or not with the money.

Hello Everyone,

I also need help with a Benchwheel repair. Please can someone tell me how to fix my Benchwheel? I snapped a black wire?

Story: I was replacing battery when I mistakenly broke the thin black wire that comes from ā€œblack heat shrink packetā€ to the end of board cap? The wire starts as a white think wire, but goes into the ā€œblack heat shrink packetā€ and then is attached to the cap at the end of the board. However, I pulled the wire by mistake and it broke from within the ā€œBlack heat shrink packetā€ and now I donā€™t know what to do?

Questions:

1. What is the wire for? What is the wire for? Do I need it? Is it a ground? It was attached to the black cap?
  2. How do I fix it?
  3. Should I cut open the black wrapping and solder back?

Thanks for suggesting best way to attach black wire back into the black wrapping?

• Spineshaker

An extra photo shows the black cap it was attached to? Thanks for telling me what this black wire is for, why it is attached to the cap on the end of board, and how to fix?? Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

Hey guys, sorry if this isnā€™t the place for this, Iā€™m a first time poster. Iā€™m new to this site, and am a terrible mechanic. However, Iā€™m desperate to get my Benchwheel working again. Yesterday I got caught riding in the rain. The power button would flash red before shutting off. I could also hear what sounded like popping and wheezing/hissing coming from somewhere underneath the rear trucks if I put my ear right up to it. Now it wonā€™t turn on at all, nor is it making that noise.

Iā€™m desperate for a solution, should I start a new thread for this? Can anyone in NYC fix it for me?

hitching a ride on this threadā€¦ is this a motor fault only? my benchwheel motor gets stuck and once you touch it-- it zoooms. is it the electricals or jst the motor

video here at 7:25

Hi my benchwheel penny board (single motor) makes a high pitched sound and then stutters when I go to accelerate, is this a motor problem and how do I fix this ?

Does it work normally if you kick-push it from a stop?

1 Like

Iā€™m willing to bet it does lol. Iā€™m also willing to bet its a phase wire connection.

In my head I was thinking a revert to unsensored operation because a sensor wire broke could cause that, but not with a VESC. Not sure if it has a proprietary ESC. Not much information

Remember those escā€™ that, I think money was selling? Had tons of lift board shit for sale. That esc lol.