New 6374 with hall sensors and reinforced mounting side tell me what you want

Anyone wan’t some more? What wires would you guy’s prefer?

1 Like

14Ga … attached to a 6355 :laughing:

I think 12 guage is overkill, happy with 14

14AWG is too small. It doesn’t matter what is nice to look at, the electrical current levels here require 12AWG or 10AWG

For the main power lines yes. Always wondered for the motor phase of they still need to be so big since there are 3 wires.

They still have very large amounts of current going through them. Double 10AWG battery and triple 12AWG phase leads is pretty good.

I am fine with either… I just need 2 motors…

The only complaint I have with the two I received is that the leads seems to be a bit short. I think they’re 100mm? 150mm sounds a bit better.

1 Like

I acutally spec’d them to my builds when I ordered them but decided to sell. I agree with you and will upgrade to awg12 150mm and 200mm sensor wires.

Focbox comes with 14awg i think Unless you replace those it doesnt make sense to get a motor with 12awg, it will be the same

What awg did you use on the B-box?

Firstly, what if folks aren’t using FOCBOX?

And secondly, yes, it is actually better if half of the wire isn’t too small. Resistance is cumulative and the bigger wire can heatsink the smaller wire.

2 Likes

It comes at no extra price to chose the bigger wires and they still fit the 4mm bullets.

1 Like

4mm? Isn’t 5.5mm standard

The only thing I’ve ever heard of folks doing with 3.5mm and 4mm connectors is cutting them off and soldering 5.5mm ones on [or 8mm ones if you’re @GrecoMan ]

1 Like

Connector Current Ratings Now that you have an idea about how thick the wire needs to be based on the current flowing through it. You also need to make sure the connectors you are using will also be able to handle the current.

JST connector861 - up to 5A 2mm bullet connectors - up to 20 Amps 3.5mm bullet connectors - up to 40 Amps XT60 connectors524 - up to 60 Amps Deans / T-Plug272 - up to 60 Amps EC3 connector364 - up to 60 Amps 4mm bullet connectors - up to 70 Amps EC5 connectors785 - up to 120 Amps 6mm bullet connectors - up to 120 Amps 8mm bullet connectors - up to 200 Amps

Then I will change the standard.

1 Like

Yes, electrical ratings… but what about mechanical ratings? When it’s under heavy vibration I want big fat robust connectors so I know that on my way to work they aren’t going to wiggle loose or start arcing 6 months from now.

That is why I add a nice large tube of heat shrink that will negate that.

Then I’ll just cut them off and put 5.5mm bullet connectors on :wink:

That is also fine. This is the Diy forum. If it wasn’t such a hassle I would get them with 400mm wires and the option to solder to the esc.