NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

Dis guy uses solidworks

Using solidworks too, canā€™t say i know what iā€™m doing with it tho.

1 Like

Wander if you can import ipt files?

Seems to be in the supported format list yes. I donā€™t have one so i canā€™t really test it.

Iā€™ve never tried and will be a bit busy today but I believe it imports as a solid, uneditable body. Feel free to Dropbox me the file and Iā€™ll try when Iā€™m free.

I have it on thingiverse link i posted earlier, on the bms part. One file is bracket, the other is grommet. They gave parameters that you can just enter in inventor and it scales part in length or width or depth. Was eandering if this future is lost on import or still available on SW

1 Like

Would a 1s4p pack fit into a haya? Do tou knwo if anyone has done this? I want to do a 12s4p battery in my haya. Not sure if possibme with the nese modules.

You would need 6 X 2s4p modules 20190526_091957

3 Likes

I did some research after the discussion here and learned how crimping can be better then soldering for many situations(some even say most situations), was very surprised to learn that.

As you can see from the post above I ended up crimping, I used some ring connectors I bought at an auto parts store and I used the wire cutter I have to crimp (it has a section for that in the handle). Iā€™m not 100% confident the ring connectors I used (they similar thickness to the NESE bus bars) will handle the load from a 12s4p 30Q battery and my crimping tool is not the best either.

I tried to pull the connector out of the cable with a lot of force and they didnā€™t move at all, but I donā€™t know how it will hold over time. Iā€™m temped to add a bit of soldering to the end to help even more.

You will be fine :wink: Add it if it make You less troubled

I tried a few times and it never worked, Soliworks 2018

Best workaround is to export in step

It depends on the quality of the crimp and the quality of the solder for sure. Have you heard about the xt60 on ender3 melting? Thatā€™s because a partner company was crimping the xt60 connectors instead of soldering.

Itā€™s done. IMG_20190527_062512 IMG_20190527_062335 IMG_20190527_070408 IMG_20190527_062157 IMG_20190527_062649

17 Likes

Awesome :+1::hugs:

2 Likes

Very neat! Since I see the barrel connector there I assume you are not planning on covering the pack with a case?

I plan to but until then, I am using this setup.

Bad quality xt60. Then, shit happens when you crimp connectors that are meant to be soldered. Its Chinese with their nonsenses. Its a poor example to begin with. Most have soldering iron but industrial and professionals use proper stripping and crimping tools. Your system looks great. I like the shape of your board. Very sexy.

1 Like

Did this work @agniusm?

Have not tried it yet. Lots of stuff going on, had no time. Preparing for 21700

That is the cleanest electronics layout I have seen it. Really amazing! Well done.

1 Like