NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

Did this work @agniusm?

Have not tried it yet. Lots of stuff going on, had no time. Preparing for 21700

That is the cleanest electronics layout I have seen it. Really amazing! Well done.

1 Like

is there a coupon active on the website to get a discount?

Do you have step files for that beauty?

Just had this email from a customer, thought i’d share:

“Hey buddy. Thought id let you know that your battery holders are explosive safe. Put a battery in backwards a thermal runaway came so quick I barely had time to get it in the protection bag I use but after explosion almost no damage to the unit.”

“Very cool though. Well that’s our way of saying very interesting. I had my foot on the bag and felt the explosion. Then I looked and the other one was ready to blow so i stomped on the bag ag but it just seemed to release pressure through a hole in the side. Very exciting though. Thank you for building a great product”

4 Likes

well that is a interesting way of testing^^

I have some off cuts which you guys can use as terminals by soldering wire to them. If you would ask for them in the note i could throw in some free of charge.

21700 hardware should be almost on time. I would estimate up to 2 weeks being late. First modules will be sold to order so expect some delay for building them. All print files fill be updated to my 18650 thingiverse profile.

2 Likes

In about a month there will be an option to choose low profile fasteners. Overal height: tab - 0.6mm; series bus bar - 1mm; locking washer - 0.6mm bolt head - 1.2mm; Total from the enclosure - 3.4mm

1 Like

Thanks, looks like I’ll be out on this one, I have a max width of 180mm in the enclosure, the 2s4p is 190 iirc

go for the 2s3p option then, comparable to the 4p 18650 option but with higher discharge and lower profile

Already have made the 12s4p holders and ordered cells…so more is more :call_me_hand:t2:

Hi just printing out the 2s 4p holder. Do I need to order different tabs for this or will the 4p ones work with it? 15634575663113351205620888182569

What file is that?

I believe its your file from thingiverse 2s4p

It depends on your layout
If using @gmurad’s layout below, you need 6 x 8P tabs and 12 x 4p tabs

If you are using my layout below, you can just use all 4P tabs. If you don’t want to have the long red wire at the bottom, you can use 1x8P tab at the bottom to make the connection internally.

You can come ask questions here too, more people to help.
https://forum./t/nese-the-no-solder-18650-battery-system/1777/45

2 Likes

Shallow screws are now available. I have received some 21700 cells to test fit modules. The fit is nice and all works great. 8P comes at 715g fully loaded so expect similar with 2S4P.

2 Likes

If i warnt to use 20700 cells which Hardware i need to order??

You would need to space them out. I dont have 20700 yet but it will use same 21700 hardware. You could use shrink wrap rings on 20700 to bring diameter to 21mm