Need more battery capacity

I was thinking about buying one more 3s 5000mah and putting it in series with one of the batterys

that won’t work, you’ll end up with a 15s, way too high of voltage.

So what about these 18650 cells are they really reliable and I’m still looking for a better charging system cause as of now I’m jus pulling my board apart every day jus to charge it

Calculating the range is basic algebra: wh(watt-hours) = # of series X 3.7 X mah / 1000 wh is directly related to the range so twice the wh = twice the range You can also calculate your riding efficiency is by doing wh(of your battery) / mi(total on one charge)

They are relatively safer and in some cases less expensive and they have a lower capacity degredation. If you are looking for 18650 packs, you can look them up on the forum. We have people here that make fully equiped battery kits.

There more reliable than lipos that’s for sure just there current draw is not the best its the trade off so you have to stack them past 3p your good like I said a 12s4p or 12s5p should do u good. It would be plug and play for charging wise just a charger port , nothing to pull apart just a hole in the enclosure for the charger port

If you are really in need of help but too lazy to look it up, try this: :grinning:

I found five dollars

1 Like

I am spot welding

Is this a good deal or no

not bad, 12s5p, that’s 60 cells. add the bms, charger, labor. it’s not a bad deal.

are you in europe?

No right here in Texas

I wonder how hard or easy it would be to build it my self

Dude. Go to they are probably right next to you. 18650 packs are easy to build but the initial investments can be quite expensive.

totally possible but not easy.

hit up @torqueboards, they got ready made packs

Hey what do you think of these welds

I am making a 12s4p pack potential for sale. :grin:

2 Likes

Difference is tho that they would take forever like month lead time for that, I’d rather have @barajabali do my batteries now he’s gain a forever customer, I’d pay the extra to have Baja do it instead of waiting the same time and having them thicker. But sending this guy to Baja the never ending questions he would ask maybe TB then there use to being annoyed.

1 Like

Seems like to much welds(uneducated guess). Also I hate battery spacers make battery packs to thick, my TB 12s4p was bigger than a 12s6p 30q without battery spacers. That or TB layers the Shit out of their batteries for it to be stupid proof.

1 Like

I am using a lot of welds to ensure maximum contact and strength(uneducated guess). I like battery spacers in that they provide convenient and somewhat more rigid support for the cells, but density is something I sometimes consider too.

If kids aren’t allowed to sell batteries isn’t a rule already, it should be.

@ZackoryCramer nothing personal against you

1 Like

He is right in the sense of liability, what if something goes wrong will you be able to pay for the refund or fix it, quality control proper equipment. Getting sued stuff like that . Nothing against your buttriding or anything, but scepterr does have a valid point

1 Like