Need help with electronics

no problem. it’s important to understand how everything’s hooked up, so look over the fix and try to understand it. Let me know if you have any questions.

here’s a simpler diagram of what you want to do, first connect the batteries in parallel, then after you’ve done that connect everything else

simpler:

using plugs:

the base idea is you think as your parallel battery as one big battery and then you can charge it directly and have a xt90 as switch as the last bit in your circuit

Yep like that. That should how it’s setup if he does my suggestion, the only difference is the “loop key”, in this case the power switch, is on the positive lead instead.

I think they will short like that because you can see there’s another wire at the back that will close the +/- circuit

I’m not sure what you mean, why would that short? It should be pretty much the same as the diagram you posted.

You are right when you say it should be removed, otherwise if you close the circuit at the xt60 it will short + and - of the same battery

Still not following you. If he swaps the cables like I pictured, and shorts each of the + and - labeled xt60 connectors, it’ll create a parallel connection for the two packs as you picture. Shorting the connector is essentially the same as soldering the two cables together.

@pcbacon - One more change now that i look at it again is to swap the two cables on the charging port as well. Positive leads should go to the flat side of the xt60 while negative goes to the angled side.

1 Like

oh, no sorry, my mistake, it will work, I inverted xt60 with xt90 in my mind lol :smiley: because I have yellow xt90 and I’ve seen black xt60 recently lol

you’re right @jinra it will work, sorry for the confusion

1 Like

Easiest way to avoid confusion is to connect the 2 batteries in parallel first using a Y connector and then you will have 1 black and 1 red wire coming from the battery packs. run the black and red to the charge port and from the charge port run the black straight to the esc and the red from the charge port to the anti spark jumper and from that to the esc.

1 Like

Still didn’t work I just did it what you said

this was before the change and after

After so we technically changed nothing in the two

Did you short the XT60 or remove it and solder directly as well? That was also very important.

but it doesn’t change anything see ^

But it does change… Before you had it hooked up in series on an incomplete circuit. After is parallel. Like I said you need to short the XT60s on the + and - marked leads or else it’s still an incomplete circuit.

so i have to short the xt60 but in the schematic he didnt have to short the xt 60

That’s because in the schematic they didn’t have XT60’s where you have them. They just soldered the wires together to create a parallel connection. Either option works, since you already have the XT60’s there I thought it might be easier for you to short the cables.

okay so if it wouldnt be to much trouble good you draw it out for me?

Short the wires where the blue is after you swap the red/black cables.

Are you using a loop key?

yes i am ueing a loop key for the xt90