Need help for my first build

@TarzanHBK ajaynagra has already posted a reply previously, but thanks anyway. Regarding what you mentioned earlier, you said that I could solder 5.5mm connectors on the ESC and motor. Couldn’t I just solder 4mm connectors on the battery instead, considering both the ESC and the motor I am going to buy has 4mm connectors, because that seems a bit easier. I’m thinking that it maybe can’t handle all the electricity?

@WeeChumlee I’m probably buying that motor :slight_smile: According to ESK8 calculator, when using 230KV @ 22V with 74mm wheels and 16T/36T gears as you said, i will only have a weighted top speed of 13.77mph, but with the 280kv one i will get 16.76mph, so it’ll probably be allright with the motor you linked to.

you are probably getting some resistance with smaller connectors. i would recommend using 5.5mm. it doesn´t take long to solder some connectors to cables :wink:

Can’t I just solder the wires directly together? Or will that prevent me from turning it off?

i would not recommend soldering parts directly. if something happens, you´re always better with some fast disconnecting bullets or other connectors.

Ok, thank you :grinning:

Just an update: I have ordered all the parts, except for an ESC. I’m having a very hard time finding one, because all the FVT ones come from China and USA, and I don’t want to pay the duty and don’t want to wait for the shipping. I found this one, though: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tm-x-car-beast-series-esc-1-8-scale-120a.html Will this be compatible with the Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 5065-275kv Brushless Outrunner Motor and two ZIPPY Flightmax 8000mAh 3S1P 30C Lipo Packs connected in series? And do you know what connectors it has?

Thanks

https://eu.electric-skateboard.market/product/fvt-6s-120a-esc-sensored/ there you go, again from @ajaynagra :wink:

if you want you could use that x-car beast too

Thank you, but I actually ordered it already, but he told me that he couldn’t get it for me :frowning: But do you know if the connectors on the x-car are 4mm or 5.5mm bullet connectors?

i soldered 5.5mm on there… i´m not sure what was on there originally

1 Like

Ok, gonna buy that then, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, so I need a little help again… I received my pulleys and belt today, but the motor pulley doesn’t fit the shaft of the motor, because the shaft is too small and doesn’t have the same shape as the pulley, as you may be able to see in the pictures below. Is there anything I can do to make it fit, or do I have to buy a new pulley? Thanks.

so you got a sk3 with 8mm shaft and a 10mm pulley as far as i can tell from pictures. you have to get a suiting pulley for that motorshaft.

Okay, I’ll maybe do that if I don’t find a other way. I am going to try my motor, but I don’t know which leads to connect, and I’ve read that I just need to switch then if it doesn’t spin the right way but on a warning label it says: “When installing the ESC to the sensored brush less motor, please attend to the labels marked with A, B, C which must correspond to accordingly in the motor. Once misconnected, ESC will break down.” My motor is sensored so I’m thinking that that may be the reason it will break down, and nothing will happen because my motor isn’t sensored, but I’d just like to be sure. My ESC is a Hobby king X-car 120A pro ESC 1:8 Scale. My motor doesn’t have any markings so I have no idea what order they should be in.

use your motor simply without the sensors. The standart ESCs do have problems running sensored. So simply don´t use your sensor wire and plug the 3 motor wires in. If the motor spins in the wrong direction, swap 2 cables and you´re good :wink:

1 Like