Need for speed, 6wd?

Lithium iron rocks too. Or even a couple more p with ion. But then I’m not trying to get any more power and happy as is. What’s the goal? Off the line fastest? I’m planning on building a 6 hub motor board for a street luge and want to see what that could do but standing would be the limitation.

1 Like

I am tired of arguing with a guy who does excel sheet calculations vs real life differences… :smiley:

So for e.g. 2kW on 1cm stator will heat everything up and will start losing its torque, and 1m stator will not even heat up a bit and will not have any loses. So which will produce more torque?

I had graphs comparing same current settings on 6384 and 80100 and graphs are like day and night riding style didn’t changed as I was riding even slower at beginning as I was shit load scared to even push :slight_smile:

Here you go 80100 vs 6384 running at ±80A mot/bat nothing else changed pretty much apart 1kg difference but that’s like eating lunch :slight_smile:

at the upper end of the speed range, if your current is limited by the battery current limit (and if this battery current limit value is lower than the motor current limit), you’ll get more torque with the larger stator because the same number of electrical watts will produce more motor current at the same rpm & kv.

Is that an 80mm x 10mm stator vs 63x maybe 60mm stator? Oo I thought they were same length.

but if the battery current limit and the motor current limit are the same value and neither stator saturates, you’ll get the same torque with both motors regardless of stator size (but the smaller motor will draw more battery amps to produce more ohmic heating, but the same torque)

I think stator length of 80100 is not much big difference from 6384

So when why my board started doing wheelies with the same throttle position (I had to even lower down my starting position as it was lifting up) when it was running same amps and smaller stator can’t do that?

you said they weren’t the same settings.

I am now running bigger settings, but before just after switching from 6384 I was running ±80A.

it’s possible the smaller stator reached magnetic saturation, in which case torque would no longer increase linearly with motor current.

Saturation at like 0.2 duty? It’s zero speeds man I doubt that it reached saturation…

the less iron, the less current it takes to magnetically saturate at the same kv…

So in the end bigger stator produce more torque at same current?

if the same motor current magnetically saturates the smaller motor and not the larger one, then yes.

So bigger stator will always not saturate faster than smaller one…

your bigger stator also could have been lower kv, in which case the same motor current produces more torque before saturation.

I measured it’s almost on point to smaller one :slight_smile:

Edit: 178 vs 182

km or size constant is defined as the torque(Nm) per sqrt(electrical watt)

so divide the torque in newton meters by the square root of electrical watts and you’ll always get the same number with the same motor can and stator regardless of how you rewind for different kv as long as you keep the same copper volume.

Yes but we are talking that bigger stator same kv produce more torque

ultimately the larger stator (same kv) can produce more torque, but only because it takes more motor current to magnetically saturate the stator.

1 Like

U could have a bigger motor with same kv but the stator be designed badly for high torque and thinner at the tooth ends and then the bigger stator tooth ends could saturate first. Unlikely.