Hello guys This is gonna be my first build and i’m kind of on a budget but know how to fiddle with stuff so I can’t buy a brand new already made eskate. Been reading alot and learning about it all and here is what i came up with
This is gonna be my first e-board to ever build and need some advice, here are my expectations of the board:
- it will go at LEAST 15km(9miles) in range (Would like 20km [12miles])
- it will go at LEAST 30km/h (18Mph) (Woule like to go 40km/h [24mph])
- it will be reliable and won’t be useless in about a year. I will probably ride aprox 200km on it per year and will take extremely care of it, wash the bearings and change the belts when needed etc.
- It will be able to climb hill easily and not overheat because of the dual motors.
Now here is my buy list:
- This mechanical kit: product/torqueboards-dual-motor-mechanical-kit/
- These motors (2x) : product/electric-skateboard-motor-6355-230kv-2650w/ OR http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/190kv-electric-skateboard-motor/ not quite sure yet, probably will stick with DIY’s motors cause i’m on a budget.
- These VESCs (2x): product/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/
- These batteries (2x) plugged in series: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9176__Turnigy_5000mAh_6S_20C_Lipo_Pack.html
- This board for 0 flex and alot of space to work onto the back: https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/decks/71230/koastal-stringer-longboard-skateboard-deck-w-grip
- This controller : product/torqueboards-2-4ghz-mini-remote-controller/ (OR Enertion’s controller, not sure yet either on that)
- This charger: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=36905
- This power supply: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=36904
Total cost: 961.32+shipping and blah blah = 1000$
I THINK I have EVERYTHING i need to build the board. I have a soldering tool to solder stuff i need and i will build my own encassing for parts that need protection.
Now here comes questions:
- Do i have EVERYTHING I need to build it? Even stuff that people normaly take for granted, tell me if i’m missing anything and you notice it
- how do you even plug in two VESCs to a motor? I’ve been reading a bit and from all the info I gathered online this is what I got: http://i.imgur.com/xCkOgnc.png everything will look a bit like this?
- Think it will meet my expectation? I weigh 140 pounds
Thanks! You guys taught me so much on electric skateboard !