Need a super reliable ESC/Brushles motor combo

im a guy, always have been and i dont know how this is my profile pic, does the site use something to get pics because it could be that its pulling a pic i used somewhere else that i dont remember.

Itā€™s fairly easy to change a profile picā€¦but please donā€™t :laughing:

1 Like

In that case dont change the profile pic

oh i know how, but i never put one in the first place i just joined and had this as my pic and said screw it ima roll with it. just didnt think half the board was retarded and would think that WAS me.

Yeah, mines not me eitherā€¦Iā€™m really a female hair stylist from Nova scotia

1 Like

eh maple mapple, double double ontario syrup eheheeeeh justin.

If you read your reply its obvious to any vehicle builder in the US you have no idea what you are talking about so naturally I assumed you are trolling. Its nothing personal. Its been a long hard fight to keep ebikes and boards as viable options in most of the US. The online communities in particular are littered with hipster after hipster pushing illegal builds as innovative and reliable when what they are really doing is hoping enough people break the law so its impossible to enforce it. Of course that works up until the point when you the operator are held liable for operating that vehicle.

People like me do the research. I have liability insurance for the work I do and it includes coverage for what ever electric vehicles I work on. The problem is not people like me who follow the rules and work to change them from the law abiding side its the people who operate these vehicles illegally forcing the law to be applied. Its also the builders who fill peoples heads with bull for obvious fiscal benefits.

In NYC and NJ they are impounding all unregistered, uninsured motor vehicles. That means any vehicle with a motor, that does not have a plate, insurance and a license associated with it. Its illegal to drive any motor vehicle on the side walk. Its illegal to drive any unregistered or uninsured vehicle on the streets. The only place its legal in most states to drive any eboard is on your own property. Eboards under federal law with wireless controlls are against the law to operate in any state period. Even on your own property. States like Cali are full of people who ignore the law. Thats fine. However the same behavior in dense populated areas like NYC and NJ cant afford it.

Last year for example some hipster was doing about 15mph on his boosted board. He passed the ferry station on the west side bike path. His board locked full throttle. He jumped off putting a young jogger in the hospital. His board stopped several hundred feet later after it shattered a mans foot and he broke his wrist when he fell to the curb. Naturally this was the tipping point and the community board took up the topic. Sure enough lots of other incidents started to become public knowledge. As it was clear the hobby was growing the NYPD was told to start enforcing the laws on the books. There have been several serious injuries and accidents related to cordless eboards just in the NYC area alone. Its clearly not the place to be operating illegal electric vehicles without insurance.

The right person gets creamed by Joe hipster and its all over for everyone.

-Driving without a license -Driving without registration -Driving without insurance

All of these have mandatory mins in most states. Its several thousand $ and a loss of license for up to one year. This is true in at least 2/3 of the states. So its all fine and well when you have a lot of money and you can afford an over priced lawyer but most people especially college students who are the most frequent users of these vehicles get absolutely screwed. Its life altering for those people. I think thats a pretty good reason for people to at least do minimal research.

You know what? Youā€™re full of shit. Every time you say hipster it shows more. Your story, and your condescending tone here is complete bs. Iā€™ve seen your crap on another forum somewhere else as well. If anyone needs to stop trolling itā€™s you.
15mph is laughable for a top speed emergency situation. Youā€™re a fucking idiot. And so thereā€™s no doubt, I mean it. And will not edit this post.

3 Likes

I fuckin love your replyā€™s. The roasts are always awesome, you tell em like it is. Donā€™t back down m8 people need to be exposed as the trolls they really are.

Mellow and some other companies lobbied the California government to instill similar laws because these laws are exactly identical with some of the specs of their shit $1000+ boards. the laws are bullshit and unfair. Next to my community college is a REALLY expensive neighborhood with 1M+ houses and they have 10yr olds with traxxas X-O1ā€™s blasting by at fuckin 100+kph. THAT Should be illegal, not longboards with outrunners and a 12S battery attached.

Fuckin get your priorities straight

And @njev how about deal with your own obvious insecurities about wireless, get a board that doesnā€™t weigh 80lbs, learn to actually ride a board and then come talk to us like you are part of the community. Or just go pedal insurance on an insurance forum.

If you are worried abt liability and finesā€¦Just donā€™t ride ā€¦ It ainā€™t worth itā€¦leave the road open to the rest of us that just enjoy the ride and our buildsā€¦

Iā€™m a New Yorkerā€¦14th street Eastside is where I grew upā€¦We did more stupid stuff and they still do more stupid stuff now ā€¦

Use your headā€¦donā€™t be like that so called " Hipster " and cruise around when you donā€™t know how to really rideā€¦I ride downtown Vegas in the trafficā€¦but I donā€™t ride like Iā€™m the only jerk on the roadā€¦I yieldā€¦cause that makes senseā€¦id like to live to gnar another day.

Youā€™re on a site that the contributors all ride and build thier boardsā€¦donā€™t come off waving your finger and warning people abt the lawsā€¦you will be hard pressed to find a Hipster hereā€¦

If you need help with your build ā€¦ I think you came to he right placeā€¦if itā€™s something else ā€¦just log off and forget your password

3 Likes

i tried to find an artical on that boosted board incident but couldntā€¦ after seriously injuring two people you would think that something is writen about it but, nopeā€¦

Coincidence? Me thinks not.

Urban legend ā€¦ Also donā€™t flash anyone with thier lights offā€¦or else!