NEED A FEW TESTERS WITH FOCBOX UNITY BUILDS - Low-speed Braking Fix Needs Testing

No error for me… should I try to rewrite the old firmware?

What are you using to flash firmware, tool or UI? Are you on USB?

The focbox UI over the type c connection from my pc

ohhhh I updated via the tool.

So you flash the firmware and the unit reboots? Should be normal behavior, means flash went successfully I think. What makes you think its not updating?

1 Like

When it reconnects it does not work, my remote is connected and when I spin the motor it reads it on the HUD but, it just wont work.

Did you rerun motor detection?

No but I will now.

1 Like

Nope still not working.

Hmmm, interesting.

Go through the whole wizzard, the fw sets the app back to disable. You need to reselect fwd with brake

2 Likes

I went through the guided setup if that is what you mean.

yeah double check this. this is what happend to me at first.

OHHHHHH thank you so much! Ill go outside and test now.

2 Likes

Two videos where you can hear the vibration. It’s definitely not belt skipping or anything like that. https://photos.app.goo.gl/s5p4nnfNptV4DKnDA

Stronger braking at low speed in a good way. Though I didn’t really test immediately back to back with the firmware so that could be my imagination.

2 Likes

Thank you Jeff!

5 Likes

@Deodand Sorry I jumped the gun, tested fix on my non-unity build. Works great, although you can hear cogging at the very end as you will see… sound most evident in second vid:

Thank you for this fix!!!

If anyone else out there is currently running Ackmaniac’s 3.102 with standard ( NON-UNITY ) 410, 411, 412 vesc hardware, i’ve forked ack’s FW with the fix applied for you to download and build for yourself, currently only forked to make change, but builds locally just fine for those interested.

Alternatively, here’s Ackmaniac’s FW 3.102 build files with the brake fix applied for vescs other than unity: Link

10 Likes

This is exactly the same sound I get in my videos.

p.s. How the HELL do you accelerate at 160A like that?

2 Likes

It’s motor current not battery current :slight_smile:

160A battery max… JEEBERS I could only imagine…

That’s what I mean, 160A motor current = a heap of torque. Unless you have a high KV motor I suppose and much higher gearing than me. I can only just get to 30A+30A motor current, that is with 140kV motors geared to 40km/h top speed. (70Kg)