Need 12s charge/discharge BMS for dual mountainboard project *EU*

what are you going to do with 7? 12s3p? you will have one extra cell then

one on them has puffed 2 cells, but when bulding 12s i will dissasemble it anyway, this is smallest problem

the other option are Volkswagen’s E-Up li-ion cells 25Ah 5C (10Cmax)

Interesting how are those vw cells☝🏻

I found something like this:

Lithium NMC. nominal voltage 3.6V weight 700 g Dimensions:14.7x9x2,5cm Max Constant discharge 50A Max peak discharge 100A(15sec) Max charge current 12A

That seems cool, do you have any? If so where did you get them? I might use them for my trampa…

Found some I’ll let you know once I test them Tested at 24Ah from 4.2V to 3V. 150A continuous discharge. 225A peak discharge.

Cell size 5 7/8inch (148mm) long. 1 1/16 inch (27mm) wide. 3 9/16 inch (91 mm) tall. 4 7/16 inch (113mm) tall with terminals.

I will get 12 of those cells on Monday

I will test them and let you know

those are second hand cells from norwegian auction website

total cost for 12 cells is, more-less, 250$

Thats super cheap! Let me know how it goes

Power disconnect or anti spark key any thoughts on it

Got 12 for Monday delivered :joy:

1 Like

i have something like this on my boat :smiley: it can handle up to 150A as far as I can remember

they are massive and it will likely vibrate loose.

yea those are switches for the lead acid battery…

Nah they stay firm in place, they look ugly AF but should work

ok guys, but…do you have any final thoughts about BMS for that set? 80A? 100A? how to think about what BLDC tool says? Should I think more about motor max x2 or battery max x2?

2x FOCBOX 2x 6374 3550W @65A each

I’m ordering 150a 12s BMS if you want me to order you extra one

I think a 100a bms would be sufficient, well unless your @Nowind then you might need a 5000a bms lol

1 Like

Hehe yeah well we will see what we can do with the A200S …:grimacing:

1 Like

update:

battery is at home already :wink:

it is a serious brick, but 12s 25Ah is worth it :smiley:

I paid for it 257$ shipped free by a kind man :smiley:

I will try to load it, then unload it to check how are they doing, they came loaded to 3,7V so everything seems to be normal, originally setup was 6s2p but I will change it to 12s1p, I dont need 50Ah :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW: 12s BMS still needed! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Get BMS yet?