NEAT Trampa | 17 ply HolyPro | Infinity Trucks | E-Toxx Dual Direct Drive | APS 6384S 170kV | 12S 11.6Ah 25C | ESCape

Well after 3 recommendations for the GT2B over the quanum I think I’m gonna have to get one! The quanum just seemed nice and compact in comparison, was hoping it might be modifiable too but it doesn’t look like it. Anyone know if the GT2B is modifiable to maybe shrink it down in size?

1 Like

There are many mods for the gt2b. just search here or on thingiverse :wink:

2 Likes

Or get a small remote with thumb throttle :wink:

1 Like

Think I’d prefer trigger throttle - I’m used to it from RC cars.

1 Like

I can’t believe I’ve done this much research and got this far without properly looking into the remote options! The GT2B mods look awesome! Just done a lot of reading up on the options and I will definitely go down this route. Sparkle or Mad Munkey though? I can’t decide. I may just print both and see what i prefer the feel of. I also have some other ideas for the remote to go with future board upgrades so I may work on my own case at some point…

2 Likes

So a couple of extra boring bits and bobs turned up: (XT90s, Anti Sparks, Battery Meter, Lipo Safe Bag)

All very mundane. The Lipos fit in the bag:

And the bag fits in the box. (Almost like it was made for it!):

Still space for the ESCapes at the back but I’m going to have to be neat to get it all in.

4 Likes

As I say, those bits were quite mundane…

Then this lot arrived :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

What can I say @Nowind, but Wow! These things are stunning! I mean I’d heard the hype, but when you get them in your hands :drooling_face: The quality is superb, the design is elegantly simple and beautifully engineered, and did I mention the quality?! :astonished: Thanks dude. I’m know these things will take the abuse I want to throw at them.

7 Likes

You summed up perfectly how I felt when my e-toxx shipment landed! It’s hard to believe just how sublime the quality is of his work is.

2 Likes

Happy you got my stuff in the mailbox Thanks Dude for kind words. Do your best to destroy… heavy abuse is welcome… i guess you will have a hard time to kill IT :japanese_ogre:

Thanks Bro again and again you made my day :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Battery prep…

Covered it with sticky back neoprene;

Shrunk the lipo bag to size using some trusty black duct tape;

Here’s the modded bag compared to standard;

And here’s the space it gives me in the box;

(The box has 95mm internal height, that measurement was to the highest point of the batteries before the neoprene was added. So with the foam it gets clamped perfectly by the lid).

8 Likes

Last major piece of the puzzle has arrived!

20180618_202734

Thanks @stewii :grin:

4 Likes

So now its time to make a mess of my workbench and get on with the final build…

20180619_075719

Spent most of last night just looking at parts trying to decide where to fit things and how to connect it all up. I’m extremely indecisive when it comes to things like this as I want it to be perfect from the start. Few more bits and bobs have been ordered (connectors, wires, wire mesh etc.) but I’ll get there…

5 Likes

Be careful with those anti-fire backs, pouches and etc, after some time fiberglass (insides are made from fiberglass) gets broken into microscopic pieces and if you work with cables or connectors inside you get your hands full of them so annoying.

Thanks for the heads up! Though essentially it will become part of the battery with 2x 6S power and balance leads coming out the bag. Will only need to take the bag out the box to charge (until I build a charge port into the box) and will rarely need to get in and out the bag once built.

Looking good. I’m keen to see this all come together for you. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

1 Like

:star_struck::star_struck:

Some updates…

Gone and de-waterproofed the waterproof box with plenty of holes; 20180717_224035 20180717_224016 20180717_224024

1 Like

One hole in the lid is for the Loop Key plug; 20180705_225520 20180705_225500

1 Like

2 large holes in one side will house some grommets I stumbled across in one of my many bits boxes that happen to be a perfect fit for 3 phase and one sensor (6-core) cable, perfect width for the thickness of the box too. Great find! 20180621_151403

1 Like

Parallel cables to go in the battery bag have been made (as well as a a parallel charge lead). Battery is now fully ready to go… 20180710_230853 20180715_212943 20180715_213018

Last picture also shows some switches I’m fitting to the lid for LEDs on the board. And another added feature if you can spot it?..

1 Like