Nano X remote and support I received

I finally finished my MTB, trampa cruiser- it was a great day (1:30 in the morning when I finished). I went to charge my Nano X remote that I had purchased in December from a group buy but had never used and the charging light didnt come on. I tried several other cables and power sources and nothing. I contacted Enertion support and did everything they asked from trouble shooting to taking a video. It is obviously a defective product that I only used to set up my board the night before. The last response I received from “support” was because it was past the 60 days they can give me a coupon for the price of the remote but I would have to pay shipping.

I have built several boards and have read “Waiting for all my parts to come in” on damn near every build thread on the forum. Not only waiting for parts to come it but the rest of life sometimes happens like spending time with significant others (though you are thinking about your build the entire time) and kids. Point is, nothing happens right away. With that said, I know I should have powered it up when I got it, though that wouldn’t have helped because I just used it the night before to set up the board and unfortunately some people will try and take advantage of companies to get free shit - I have an RTA furniture company and I hate people like that. “support” is offering to do something on the defective product they sold me but personally I think they should send me a new one.

Am I going overboard because I just got their last email and a bit upset that now I have to take out 26 screw to take off the battery cover, replace the receiver, set the end points in the VESC (or whatever it is called now) and replace the 26 screws

rant over

Welcome to the club. Since this thread won’t last long anyways. I think you are complaint #1000 about enertion. But don’t worry, only .034% of enertion customers have these problems… end sarcasm.

Even Moja was telling me the other day how fucked up the first 3 rounds of enertion VESCs were, along with everyone I’ve ever spoken to whose had one, except for Jason, who claims they had some issues, but avoided the warranty by claiming that once you change the firmware (they shipped with old firmware), you void the warranty.

And honestly, I see why you can’t rely on people to tell the truth either. But to some degree, when its an overwhelming number of complaints, shouldn’t man up to the shitty quality of the product and fix it? Not at enertion.

Woohoo we have a club! If I broke something I expect to pay for it, I just dont like paying again for something that was obviously broke. It had just enough charge out of the box to bind with the receiver.

I got one VESC with a fault code when it arrived, and the other lasted 1 day. Round 2 and round 3 enertion VESCs. I might send them to be inspected and fixed by someone so I can figure out why it doesn’t work. I suspect knock off parts, as Jason ahas even admitted it hard to get VESCs with legit parts in china, which is why he moved to the US.

The issue is, with their parts, they will deny fault by saying they can’t control what you do with it. It’s a classic tactic to avoid giving the warranty that is implied when you buy an electronic product.

So… you never charge it… because the battery is probably discharged at a point where you can’t charge It anymore…

If I buy a brand new car… and wait 3 year before starting it, is it the dealer faults if the engine is seized?

1 Like

Probably right! lol Personally I would pay the shipping and get a new remote. 8 months is way to long to wait and not check a product you bought imo.

No, I got in mid january and never charged it, didnt even take it out of the box- it was killing me but my parts weren’t in so didnt want to start. It advertised as Lion battery so I thought it would be ok, if lpoly I probably would have payed more attention.

Honestly, it shouldn’t matter. Cells at nominal voltage should stay there for at least a year when brand new…

I have two VESC-Xs sitting in a box in my garage. got them from a group buy, I’ve done nothing more than checked to see it they powered on. Just waiting for the V3 to arrive. Hopefully both work.

2 Likes

But because of many regulation in transport… and the fact that who knows how much time the battery as been charge for the last time… cell are more than often at lower voltage than the nominal. They are usually at 30% or less

Well they should be higher… When I buy batteries from places like hobby king, they usually are close to if not on the dot of the nominal voltage.

Not necessarily, don’t forget that hobbyking use different warehouse all over the world and have is own distribution hubs… and they sell battery like cupcakes. So they don’t on the shelf for too long. Unlike, big chinese factory who had then by the thousands store untils they use them on a product…