Nano-W | Nano Remote Mod [Updated and Re-uploaded]

@Indiangummy

Haven’t tried nylon yet. I think you can buy certain variations of nylon that might work stock, but otherwise nylon can require temps that go way too high for the PTFE tube, among other things, and I’d also probably need to build an enclosure to keep temps regulated. Too much work for me. Maybe someday in the future.

@venom121212

My old Monoprice printer was a direct drive. I honestly didn’t notice ANY difference in how things print. If anything, I can print faster with bowden. I know flexible filaments work better with direct, but I don’t really print anything like that. Maybe a fancy direct drive setup would change my mind. I’ve looked into a bunch of random stuff, but for now… my printer seems to be accommodating my needs :slight_smile:

@Winfly

The model I printed out without the screw holes snaps together perfectly fine and won’t come apart unless I really pry at it, so maybe keep a version like this, but with other updates? :relieved:

2 Likes

ok i think im keeping the rounded finger part that divides the index finger. what do you guys think about adding a fillet here? (fillet at the index finger part is here to stay.) personally i dont mind the sharper chamfer. image

3 Likes

I like it, especially for right handed riders

1 Like

it will be on both sides.

2 Likes

Even better

1 Like

After a day I, finally made enough changes and have everything aligned [mostly] properly. My prints are not super good. I forgot my extrusion multiplier for the ender3 and the store setting wasn’t right. I will upload everything now.

if you have already printed them. you should print these new files instead because the usb port opening wasn’t aligned.

Changes are:

• Added fillets at some edges
  • Extended Trigger
  • Correct trigger and thumb wheel height/width
  • Corrected usb port opening
  • Overall girth of the remote is 24mm (same as the one currently uploaded)
  • deeper cutout for the trigger button and more walls behide it.

IMG_20190214_214531 IMG_20190214_214525 IMG_20190214_214545 IMG_20190214_214517 IMG_20190214_214458

8 Likes

ok they are updated now. there are 2 thumbwheel models, v7.1 is basically the same as the old one but wider, v7 has a slightly bigger (0.5mm) inner arc radius for a looser and smoother wheel. once you rest your thumb on the wheel, they dont feel any different.

2 Likes

cool thanks man, I was heading that way image

5 Likes

I’ve never used dead man’s trigger before… I imagine you have to keep it held the whole time to engage motor?

this guy claims to print nylon with the stock setup. could this be true?

here’s the dimension of the v7.1 if you need it.

11.5mm tall

3 Likes

Thanks pal

The deadman’s switch could also be thicker?

Not sure how Nylon compares with TPU. I use TPU too with my stock ender 3.

1 Like

Haven’t explored tpu, gonna a look into it. Thanks!

Np. I just reuploaded everything again with updated file names.

added a no trigger version. a bigger trigger as per requested and a regular style thumb wheel.

not sure if I have ever linked it. this is the lipo I use.

2 Likes

Hey, I printed the main shell overnight just before you uploaded a new version. I noticed the internals changed slightly (remove one screw, changed internal wall a bit, etc) and I printed the triggers this morning from the new design. Should I reprint?

This remote feels really nice on my hand.

btw, my printer had a lot of problems with the NANO-W text and the holes for the screws came out closed, will fix it with a drill. These are probably issues with my printer. I printed at 0.15 layer height and PETG.

I think you printed the very first file I uploaded. I would suggest you to reprint it. The current version is much better. Sorry about that. I think I have made all the changes I wanted on the case atm so there will be no more changes on this thingiverse link specifically. If there’s other stuff I wanna add, I’ll make a new thingiverse link.

I wouldn’t mind trying the wheel with that kind of pattern. Did it work out for you? Any way you can upload the STL file? :slight_smile:

@banjaxxed if you share the file, I can put it on the link too. With proper credit ofc.