Nano-W | Nano Remote Mod [Updated and Re-uploaded]

Ah, you’re right. I hadn’t assembled the thumb wheel before. Is it loose even with the electronics inside? Either way, I feel like the gap should be closed off more to protect from water/rain. You could even just print a thicker thumb wheel for the time being.

I have bigger hands, so I always have trouble with the wheel being right under my thumb joint, instead of the soft part of my thumb. Would be nice if it was a little higher, but I dunno how that would affect other people. Either way, this is a nice design.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190213211327918_COVER

3 Likes

When your printer is calibrated juuuust right :heart_eyes:

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190213213414429_COVER

11 Likes

What printer?

Ender 3. I’ve been using this CF PLA from Enotepad, and it produces by far the cleanest prints out of any filament I’ve tried so far. Prints just as easily as normal PLA, but even better. The red is just normal PLA.

Can’t find it on amazon.com right now (seems to come and go), but I bought mine here in Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/Filament-Enotepad-Printing-Materials-Dimensional/dp/B07FXWMQLS/

2 Likes

Ender 3 pro or ender 3? Right now I share a cr 10s with my brother. Great sometimes but really needs some work. Hopefully Ill be able to get one in time there look really good.

1 Like

Regular Ender 3. I bought it recently, so it came with a lot of upgraded things compared to the Ender 3 from a few months ago. I didn’t think the Pro was worth the money. I wound up doing other small upgrades to it instead. I’ve heard good things about the CR-10S. I would definitely buy a Creality printer again someday. I keep recommending the Ender 3 to people who want to get started.

1 Like

i have both. what’s the small upgrades for the ender3?

Just things like upgrading the bed springs myself, glass bed, better PTFE tube, etc.

Just printed another one myself since I need to replace my beat up one anyways. Yeah the model I uploaded is slightly different than what I had. I’ll reupload again with slight modifications.

My older model is only 22mm tall whereas the one I uploaded is 24. I quite like this girth, so I guess I’ll upload different thickness models later.

• I’ve always found the index finger dividing part is too pointy and kinda hurt my index finger over time. So it is rounded and I added a fillet on the chamfer.

• also extended the trigger on the exterior so it’s easier to press.

IMG_20190214_003154IMG_20190214_003941

3 Likes

I like this last version, is it on thingverse?

I just printed the hammer head mod but I have 2 Nanos so I will also make a nano-w

hmmm, latest Cura says no to my 0.8mm nozzle for unsupported

Otherwise going great, I just noticed a little splurge off print, this is solid gyroid, it’s a thing image

2 Likes

I would suggest hold off printing high quality print right now. There are a few things I need to fix / change. Also the thumb wheel and trigger aren’t the right size. I’ll get the best dimensions and update them.

4 Likes

Awesome, thank you for taking the time to work on this. Not sure if you saw my horrible nano-x failure the other day…

1 Like

Yessir! Build plate supported would probably be best for this angleimage

Support is usually generated by the slice software

If selected…

I shoulda done this…build plate support image

1 Like

If/when you upload new models, I’d love having the option of having one with screw holes and one that’s just held together by the snap-ins :slight_smile:

Have you had any luck printing nylon with the stock nozzle? I recently also bought a ender and I’m just trying to get t a list of things I need to upgrade

$25 Glass bed from amazon is the first thing you should purchase. There’s a lot of printables that help like the bullseye fan. Updating the FW is free and not too hard. Direct extruder is my next potential upgrade

1 Like

not sure how to design a snap in one that will hold together lol. maybe snap in with a screw on the side right above the speed mode switch.