Nano-W | Nano Remote Mod [Updated and Re-uploaded]

This is great! I’m gonna print one out for myself. I have big hands, so the Nano-X always felt pretty small.

IS the deadman switch only a deadman switch and that’s it or can it be used as cruise control instead I’m hoping…? Also, are you going to send out a parts package for people who want to do this by chance or is it a completely DIY fend for yourself type of mod / situation?

Great work BTW, looks great and will be doing it since I have a spare nano-x remote laying around

How is there a deadman switch now with no extra hardware (I saw the material list in thingverse)? Is it reusing a button that wasn’t used before from the remote itself?

I took it off from the channel 2 button. otherwise the button is pretty generic, you can find them easily.

1 Like

@Bobby here’s a MS paint dragram LMAO. uses 2x 10k+ resistor and desolder the button from bottom left of the pcb.

1 Like

What print settings do you recommend ?

I would print a rough one with PLA first to see if you like the shape. Personally I think the shape have much to improve. I need some feedback from ppl to motivate me to change the geometry. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Already on it I let you know how it feels when its done

1 Like

If you could let me know the time it takes to make, id appreciate it a lot!!! Gonna be doing this at my public library and want to get a time table

printing at 60mm/s 0.2mm height, top bottom 4 layers, 3 shells. give or take add another hour to that. image

2 Likes

It fits preaty well in my hand, but it could be a little thinner and thats about it. Or more round on the figer side for comfort

Also is it only held together by pressfit right now? Or am I missing something

1 Like

there should be 3 screw holes. on the back side. rip I might have broke my files when i adjusted it. let me re-upload them.

1 Like

Wait, what! You tell us this after I already printed one?! Haha.

The snap fit seems fairly tight though. I can’t see mine coming apart unless I really tried to pry it apart.

2 Likes

lol it really depends on the quality of your print I guess. @yelnats8j can you elaborate on what to change? would be awesome if you can draw it on your pic.

edit: the holes weren’t through all the way. I uploaded fixed STL just now.

2 Likes

Would i be able to drill or no?

Also i will after I get the feel for it a little more

yeah can can also just drill them there just won’t be a counterbore for the screws to sit flush. there are 4 holes on there already. my current one only use 3 out of the 4 (not using the top one)

1 Like

Alright so far my only complain is the trigger. Its a little shakey moving side to side 15501116270842875737523386334175

lets hold off until I get everything fix. that’s not supposed to happen. might have gotten some wrong files when I uploaded it. sorry for inconvenience.

1 Like

No problem its just a test anyways. Definitely a upgrade from the normal nano tho.