Nano-W | Nano Remote Mod [Updated and Re-uploaded]

Talk to my boy @redbaron. Charges around 15 for the print. He is in San Diego

1 Like

Whats good wid it mr. @RedBaron? Can you hook me up por favorā€¦? LMK what the deal is, Iā€™m ready to grab a print ASAP. Very cool you live just south of me. I am due for a trip down to SD to visit a buddy so maybe I can just plan that for a weekend or two out and link up with you while Iā€™m down thereā€¦? Go for a ride too if we canā€¦? LMK and thanks in avdance brotha.

I could definitely hook you up my man. Iā€™ve got a cool red translucent and black Petg on order. I can order other colors, just give me a heads up. Like bobby said $15, and if you donā€™t feel like waiting $8 for 2 day shipping. Iā€™m working on getting a better deal shipping wise. @Jansen

Word @RedBaron IM SOLD! I already modded my mini remote with the avio mod in red so donā€™t really want that color and my feather remote is black so donā€™t really want that and would like to have something differentā€¦ you donā€™t have any other colors on deck thoughā€¦? Would love a dope green (kinda feeling neon and that would actually match my deck perfect because I have the moonshine outlaw Which has neon green polyurethane rails around the whole boardā€¦) donā€™t really want to wait superlong though so let me know if those are my only two color options at the moment and if you are down for ordering other colors then let me know how long that would take if you donā€™t mindā€¦ thanks brotha. Canā€™t wait to get it printed up and in my hand!

Damnnnnā€¦ i want green.

2 Likes

For sure, let me look for a suitable green and ill get back to you. On average it takes two days to receive the filament. If it takes longer ill let you know.

I found a pretty sweet semi transparent neon green petg. I just ordered it, says it should be here tomorrow.

1 Like

Fuuuuuuuuck yes. That sounds sick, way down. You got a pic by chance? Down either way. LMK as soon as it can be picked up or mailed and ill figure out what Im gonna do. Do you use the deadman switch on your remote? I donā€™t like them so didnā€™t want it but am wondering if I still need to have that added button/trigger there, or if there is a version where that is just sealed so there isnā€™t just a hole if I didnā€™t want to have the trigger switch there. It canā€™t be used for cruise control like on my feather since itā€™s really just a swap and not a from scratch build right? Thanks again brotha @RedBaron

1 Like

In the download for the STL file there are two versions: one with trigger and one without (sealed). :wink:

1 Like

Heres the pic of the color. And yes the folder has a few variations of the remote. So neon green remote with no deadmans switch. I can have it done by Saturday if all goes well. And yeah its just a swap of the internals.AC_SY400

You da man brotha, making my day and my next build Iā€™m about to wrap up and this thing will be peeeeeerfect. Canā€™t wait. I actually might be going down to chill for a day or two in SD this weekend so lmk when itā€™s done and we can either link up, or if I donā€™t end up making it down I will have you drop it in the mail. Thanks again my dude.

That color looks fucking siiiiiiiiick! Could I do a black thumbwheel for the main front and back pieces this green?

1 Like

No worries, black thumb wheel with green body, got it!

1 Like

Mmm that sounds sexy. I made one black body with red trigger, and one red body with black trigger.

2 Likes

Filament came in today, Iā€™m starting the print in a few minutes. Iā€™ll keep you updated.

2 Likes

Woot woot! Sounds excellent. Will be staying in OC this weekend so I am going to have you mail that shit up to me. PMā€™ing now fine sir. You da man!

1 Like

Ideally the deadmanā€™s switch would only affect the accelerating and not breaking but this is probably not possible without software is it?

1 Like

Re-printing with toy like colors so it can never be confused with a gun handle

3 Likes

Going to try this out, i do like the closed fingerhole cause you can let go of the remote and not drop it but i like how your internals look might make the trigger butter smooth.

1 Like

Bad news to report.

Iā€™ve printed about 5 of these remotes and each version was improved from the last. I used my best version yesterday for the first time and did about 15km, at one point I lost control of my board and didnā€™t understand why but didnā€™t think it was the remote.

Today I went for a ride again with another remote that had this mod, it was fully bench tested and in that environment it didnā€™t have any issues, but on the road the thumbwheel got stuck while accelerating and I got in an accident, I wonā€™t talk much about it but it might take a while to recover and be able to operate an e-skate again. I guess remotes is something to be very careful when DIYing.

@Winfly When analyzing the casing of the nano-w and comparing to the nano v2 my recommendation to avoid this would be to not create a ā€œslotā€ for the thumbwheel inside the casing and instead make the thumbwheel hole for potentiometer shaft tight and just deep enough. Thatā€™s how the nano v2 does it and it works really well. Any chance you would give this a try?

2 Likes

I can look into it. Fyi it really depends on how smooth your print is and the starting point of your layers. I also recommend adding smooth paper between the thumbwheel and the case to make it even smoother. Iā€™ve done that to mine and itā€™s butter smooth.

Are you ok? How bad was the crash?