Nano v2 Full Review

I’m already using that, that’s not the issue with the remote though. It records min/max pulsewidth every time you turn it on and you have to throttle back/forward all the way to record it, ugh.

Sorry I Misunderstood, but still it is probably the downside of the auto bind.

Yea, seems that way

Something interesting I found out is that it only needs to record pulsewidth for braking. Accelerating seems to always keep it’s record.

I just received this remote. I was initially a little concerned by looking at the pictures that as a lefty, the palm of my hand would engage the reverse button. I haven’t ridden with it yet, but it doesn’t seem likely that it would be inadvertently pressed.

Fret not my left handed brethren.

So my question is, does it have two speed modes?

Yes, but it’s more of a “power” mode which I mentioned in the original post

Final review done, see Reliability, Pros, Cons, and Final Thoughts sections in the OP!

1 Like

Just got my Nano v2 as well. This thing is crazy ergonomic! So nice to hold and operate (well, at least for my hands). Compared to v1 it’s a great improvement and with Benchweel there is no comparison really. Benchweel is ergonomic as a piece of brick. But still need to test the most important thing, electronics :slight_smile:

I actually like the shape of the benchwheel remote, but i do like the nano more. Make sure you read my cons section so you don’t street your face like i almost did.

Yeah, already read. That’s a bummer. But I was going to put it on the oscilloscope first anyhow.

Just some quick updates / observations after 10min testing:

• Manual is wrong saying high speed mode is up / low speed down. In my case, high speed mode is when switch is in down position.
  • Remote indeed does not initialize with proper MIN/MAX values. In my testing, throttle up was actually kind of smooth after fresh start but not in full range of motion. To explain, moving the slider up just a bit would not shoot PPM value over the roof, I could still see some fine control but only until around half of the slider max position. Throttle down would just shoot down to minimum PPM value after just touching the slider slightly. Braking bad. Really a bummer and easily a reason to dismiss this remote altogether.
  • You can mitigate above behavior by turning the remote on before the board and moving the sticks fully up/down. Then turn the board on. Still a pain in the butt.
  • Both high speed and low speed PPM values are in specified range, after you actually calibrate the stick min/max.
  • 2nd channel button is also working, outputting 3.3V on the CH2 PPM pin. You need to hold the button for 3 to 4 seconds to activate. RX is powered by 5.1V so there is a regulator inside. Still to test the max Amps from the CH2 output.
  • CH2 has no failsafe. It stays on after remote is powered down. It initializes to 0 on power on though.
1 Like

Yea I found the same results on mine with high/low being reversed. Nice finding on the CH2 stuff though.

So could i use the CH2 to switch on LED’s on a board? if not, what can you use the CH2 plug for?

still using my nano2, its way better than the winning1, calibration seems to be better as well… just don’t drop the bugger or you will be taping it up… the power switch is flimsy…

Anyone have some good recommendations for fixing the overly-sensitive throttle beside powering on before board and using full throttle range?

Is there any screens anyone can share for @Ackmaniacs ACKMANIAC_BLDC_TOOL in particular?

I mentioned couple of times that we need stick “arming” procedure. But don’t know if it was ever implemented (in default BLDC tool for sure not), haven’t checked newest Ackmaniac’s one yet (but quite certain it doesn’t have it either).

Anyone have a guide to tame the throttle, I’ve tried turning on the remote first and up-down before board but no dice. @Ackmaniac

Did you ride the boad or do you only test on the bench. When you ride the board and it is too powerfull then you can adjust the hrottle curve and if it is still too powerfull you can lower motor max.

1 Like

This should be it. You’re saying it’s still too strong after that? Did you make sure the remote was on and you went up and down all the way.