N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

Coupon code is active now. 3D models were updated to the new version. Happy building this summer!

1 Like

What’s the new version?

I really think these are such a great product, though if I could make one change, I would like to see terminals on both sides of the pack. That way regardless of orientation in an enclosure, battery packs could be assembled with your terminal connectors and not require any lengthened wire.

Thank you. I can make a 3d model for you. If you dont have a means to 3d print, we can arrange a custom order.

Changes are slight: Added chamfer all round so it feels better and someone eho prints modules and has nozzle too close, to help with “elephant foot” Added markings for positive/negative near terminals. After my holydays i will do short vid on tips and tricks.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ll PM you tomorrow :smile:

Noob question: if I’m doing 12s5p how many series busbars do I need?

make a drawing, if you need to ask that you shouldn’t be building your own battery, no offense

I don’t plan on building my own I was just curious if I decide to in far future :wink:

Dont be discouraged. No offence Benjamin899 but long time ago I would ask similar questions and this is how you start. I am all hand and encourage people to diy. To answer your question, you always deduct -1 from your total series pack, 12S 11 series bus bars, 24S 23 series busbars. For BMS/PCM balance/sense wires you always add 1, so for 12S you will have 13 wires for 24s you will have 25 wires in most cases as sometimes some bms/pcm’s use main negative power wire as well as sense wire. If you will decide to go with my system I provide advice and help choosing other hardware in terms of bms and can help guiding you how to wire. Good luck

9 Likes

np, i just want him to use the search function and educate himself, because there is so much to learn about batteries, because relying on other people can go wrong fast in many ways

Wow thanks sooo much. Very informative. I appreciate it

So i have been asked if i can make 2S4P module by @uigiroux. I thought i would post this here for anyone interested. Only downside would be longer series connection if you place them flat on the deck. I have also added 4mm holes to mount them permanent but the lid could be taken off and cells inspected/replaced. Here it goes:

Holes are also slotted at the top to accommodate DIN912 hex bolt head so the lid still closes.

5 Likes

Looks great! Just finalized my order :smile:

Thanks. Sent you an email

wow this is awesome, i was about to finalize my build but with this 2s4p i could built it the way i wanted.

Looks great! Can i get the overall dimension on the 2S4P? Basically length as the rest should be the same.

Just add an extra 10mm for each side with a terminal, so 18x8 + 20= total width. I think it’s about 70mm tall, maybe a bit more.

standart 1s8p is ~160mm so ~170mm+

1 Like

Yeah basically When I was talking with him about the dimensions, we arrived at 6 164mm, so 6.5in.

thats cool, i rly like that 2s setup, saves space under the deck.

I think so too, and just so much easier to make, and easier to travel with for sure!