N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

Yeah I should have mine by tomorrow so I’ll set it up and take pics.

3 Likes

do that, mine will come probably next week. every instruction for bms say you have to connect balance wires to the positive of every P group but i see many place them between cells even on series connections. Does it actually rly matter where exactly to place the contact point? I find the lack of specific manuals for bms kinda weird.

All BMS/PCM wiring is mostly the same and sense wire goes on the series junction meaning on positive of one cell and negative of the other. It does not matter where you place the contact as its a junction. B- would go to first cell negative B1 would go to first cell positive and second cell negative series connection and so forth. Some BMS/PCM will not need first B- negative as its internally routed from main battery negative connection (thick wire). I have here 2 more additions, 2S2P and 2S3P. That will conclude options i think.

Note how there is no contact in last photo on one side. Sense wire for BMS would have to be attached from the other side. I am still including nut and bolt to be there as a spare. Rough dimensions: 2S2P 94x74x22mm 2S3P 131x74x22mm

6 Likes

Webshop updated with new modules. I will update 3D model section this week, hopefully if i can get some time. Just a reminder, 10 days left with summer discount which you can spend on BEER for battery builds :wink:

I followed the discussion about the BMS, but I am still a little bit confused;) Does the Hardware set for e.g. 10s/3p you have on your site also include a module for the BMS? If not is there a set available that includes “all I need” for a complete battery (apart from the cells and the actual BMS)?

No. There is no set. Its a mix and match type of shop. Its impossible to have each configuration for everyone, you’d be lost, and I will be doing only that, updating data :slight_smile: Hardware sets do not include enclosures. They are made for people who have 3D printers or access to them so they can print locally. I dont finished product for BMS yet. You can drop me pm or email and I will help picking the right stuff for the battery

I wish you had 10P tabs…

I have updated my site and all new confirmed models are up. Let me know if you find any errors etc. Was kinda intense :smiley:

1 Like

Will do muchos gracias

Maybe just the mobile version are we discussing the bms case?, not at a pc image

Like we just discussed in the pm about my order, maybe it would also be good to list 2p+2p, 3p+3p, and in my case 4p+4p. Then you could explain or have a quick video explaining what they’ll need to order if they choose any of the 2sXp, cause they won’t need 5 or 6 of the 2s4p to make a 10/12s4p. They’d need one 2sXp and then 4 or 5 of the Xp+Xp. So for me making a 12s4p, I should have ordered 1 2s4p and 5 4p+4p. Showing a drawing like I showed you could help too. Package should be in today or tomorrow I think. Can’t wait!

1 Like

I think i got the grip now and a note will suffice. There are no BMS enclosures models yet. Only new modules. i am still waiting on BMS

1 Like

i really want to thank you again for your dedication and openess for input, that is rare and i hope you have success now and in the future.

1 Like

Thank you. No worries, will try to deliver best to my ability :wink:

I think i will make a vid explaining stuff on a white board regarding these modules. Just need to get some time. Very busy lately with stuff i want to finish designing, website updates and more orders coming in. I even started thinking about SLS machine :smiley: (just not yet i guess :smiley: ), my printers start to lag :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@banjaxxed, i can compile stl’s for you for the BMS prototype if you want, Have no problem with that if someone wants to experiment :wink:

1 Like

Recieved your tabs and tested them out, they work fantastic! Great work! I will the the 2SXP models. What BMS is suppose to be in your BMS prototype?

1 Like

Great. How did the enclosures turned out and what material? Its DieBieMS developed here on the forum. You can follow back up on this thread, i have rendering of it.

1 Like

The enclosure turned out great! I did the 4P version in DAS FILAMENT orange PETG with the 5% infill, 0.2mm layer height and my settings for the material. Printed on a Prusa i3 MK3. The snap fit on this was god tier, really rigid. My printer is well calibrated right now so that also helped.

Also did a unintended crash test at around 30-35km/h onto hard asflat while having the module in my backpack and landing on my side (including the backpack smashing into the ground), the cells survived with out any noticeable damage, only the 3D printed Case broke.

Well fimiliar with the DieBieMS, trying to get hold of one myself :)’

imageimageimage

3 Likes

You can print at 0.01% infill. Makes them a bit lighter and faster to print. Those vented modules are weaker due to the fact that they have lots of openings. When you will reuse tabs, bend them back and heat up with blow torch, gas solderimg iron or on a gas stove(be careful with the one that has foam, dip it in a water so only heated part remains) It will return copper molecules to relaxed form again. When bending copper multiple times it becomes brittle and will break. This heating process will return it to previous state.

1 Like