N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

@OLnewB, tabs inside are constrained same as on all othe modules. Cell “cradle” does not allow them to move anywhere other than .5mm that is left for error. BTW, you can call them finished. I have betas sitting on my desk and @uigiroux will get first set of finished product.

2 Likes

On the flex. The flex uigiroux was reffering to is in modules, lengthwise, not the deck. The more cells, the more bow as there is special foam which adds pressure with each cell, and its a lot of pressure. I would not go beyond 8P for that reason as it will be difficult to close the lid on the enclosure and sides would be too much stressed. I cant afford to have bad product. 1st of July going to be 1 year since i opened webshop and i had 0 returns, 0 negative emails from customers or mentions elswhere which i am proud of.

Just quoting myself from early postings on endless sphere on presure per cell: “All the data of pressure on tabs is in earlier posts, its in SI units and if you are interested, convert them yourself online to whatever you like. I can repeat it here, 17-20 newtons / 2.54cm² or 1.73-2.03kgf/2.54cm²” if you are interested scientific motives on why no larger than 8P. Actually 8P is a bit of stretch as design was for 6P only. EDIT: You can translate that as hanging 16 kilograms on one side of the module on 8P unit

Yes, I understand we are talking about the flex of the module. My deck is very concave on its width, not like these flat planks. It has almost no flex. If 8p or 2s4p modules are mounted across the deck, can they take a bit of a curve?

Modules cant take any curve, they are rigid.

I think i can add 2S3P and 2S2P modules to the line up. Should be fairly similar, only one end of the module will have hookup for sense wire instead of two like on 2S4P module.

2 Likes

I AM going to finish fixing my 3D printer & complete the Puka build with your packs once this is out, thanks dude

Yes please :yum:

@agniusm can you solder wires directly to your Series Tabs you cell in your shop? Because you are out of Tube Ring lugs atm and i am too lazy to drive to the next store^^

Yes. Its tin plated copper so very good for soldering. I guess you needed 6mm^2 and supplier was out of stock for them. Have to wait.

awesome thanks

This is all going a bit over my head.

How would i make a 10s2p pack with a BMS using this kit?

If you just want 2p, then order 5 double sided 4p modules, they would be labeled 2s2p special order and say in the comments you want to use them for a 10s2p battery pack.

1 Like

These kits could be huge IMHO.

Simple instructional videos on how to assemble full pack properly and safely would definitely help increase the rate of adoption!

1 Like

his first post is an assembly video. Many people who already have a spotwelder won’t buy this, some still buy it for other reasons. You basicly treat a module like you would treat a normal battery, nothing realy changes.

I think so too, I’ve been hoping these will take off. I sold my spot welder once I ordered these. Compared to the cost of buying a fully assembled battery, vs using these to be able to make your battery, and once the cells go bad you can simply swap it out, so it will be good forever essentially, lol. The only thing I think would make these more desirable is if they could do 10, even 12 cells so that 5p and 6p batteries can be made. Also it’d be cool if they could be adapted to use the new cell sizes 20700 and 21700, which I’ve been told they can easily be made to fit those, but the series tabs require a mold that costs like 2k or something, so he’d need enough orders to justify the cost of making the new molds for the copper and nickel plated series tabs. Overall though, now that these can be made double sided, I think that is the biggest benefit to these! Very convenient!

1 Like

well and they are safer imo, there is just less chance of shorts from batteries which lost their wrap from rubbing ect. You want to switch from a commuter to a small fun board no problem with these.

Exactly! Also like I’ve been saying this allows for unlimited battery sizes to travel on flights with. Just disconnect the bus bars and have them add individual modules.

i just bought my 5x 2s4p, can’t wait^^

1 Like

Once you guys build your batteries, can you post about how you wired the BMS up etc!

These things have me curious.

well you have positive and negative terminals on the modules and you can either use ringterminals for your balance wires or you solder onto the seriers tabs, as far as i know. Just like a normal pack where you solder between cells so not to dmg the cells.