N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

BTW if these are tested to be suitable for your application, and there is significant demand i could design and produce vacuum formed covers depending on size

I would be interested in these if they could be connected long ways and flat. That way it would be like one custom built packs and would be the slimmest possible.

@agniusm do you have a picture with dimensions of the different sizes listed (including connection terminals at the top)?

You can download the cell pack file and measure any dimension you like from his website in post #1

Hmm, I haven’t looked at the file, but that will only include the casing, not the external connection terminal…?

Here is a quick 36V 4P mock up on 1000mm longboard:

Bolts ant tab adds 6.5mm so for 6P it would be 123+6.5=129.5mm total. If you need a rubber cap, then add 2mm or so on top

8 Likes

Bolt dimensions could be found here: http://in.misumi-ec.com/asia/ItemDetail/10300240650.html

All fixings are quality stainless steel. Bolts are comming from Japan, plastic screws and square nuts from Germany and the rest is made in Lithiania.

I will get series tab technical drawing made and upload to my website

3 Likes

Series bus bar drawings added. See reference area on the website. You can download stl models for assembled module with series bus bar and bolt and with series bus bar, bolt and protective cap here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B56NVZIdTBFOd2RGNktnZE5QSE0 I understand that space on the board is tight and each .5mm counts. Take a look and do allow for printer tolerances.

2 Likes

How would you make it a 10s build with 3p or 4p with only one module high.

Have you seen my renderings? That one is 12S. Take off 2 modules and you have 10S

I saw the rendering as well, still dont know how they attach with connectors in that configuration.

I am stuck at home with my kid being sick but i have parts here and i will make a small video on this. Words mean little so i hope i will make it clearer. Stay tuned

2 Likes

No worries, take your time. I have 3 little petri dishes at home as well and they all get me sick at the same time. I saw this awhile back when I was making my flexible trampa build and thought it would be a good solution - good to see how far you have come.

Yes I agree, that’s why I don’t balance charge or use a bms. Much simpler and so far no problems.

1 Like

It only takes once to burn you with your skateboard alive while you are a sleep. Too many excamples to put a blind eye not to mention close ones that you are responsible for.

3 Likes

These are interested but the shipping and customs would kill me

Never had anyone complaining about customs and most of my customers are from US

This is prefect for lots of things but not boards in my personal opinion. Yeah you could strap on a 12S4P pack that’s almost the size of two 12S5P packs but i don’t really see the advantage there other than swapping out individual cells or even P Groups when they die out for age which is kind of a bad practice anyway.

I’d put these on a bike or in a fun cart. Power wheels, electric paddle boards maybe. I’d probably not put them on a skateboard. Anywhere i need cell protection and ease of maintenance but have no concern for space constraints.

home power storage is also an ideal candidate for these.

These seem like a good idea if you travel with your board on planes…just take the cells out in put them in the carry on bag. No welds, just batteries in their stock form.

My only concerns are the fact that you need almost 1kg of filament to make a 10S4P pack so you are making you board heavier by 1kg. The other is how the connection between the tabs and the cell will hold up over time. Spot welding ensures a solid connection with high amp delivery. Will a pressure connection be able to do the same?

longhairedboy, it might be larger, than glued pack, but you are missing the point. Not all can or have equipment to spotweld or solder. This allows least literate to still build a usable battery which will beat every spotwelded or soldered battery in power, hands down which equates to most efficient.

Ronny_CTS, 1kg of filament prints 14 6P modules. The spring is made out of low density low compression set foam with certain deflection force. The low set means that after 10 years of compression, when released foam comes back to its thickness loosing about 5% so say 1mm foam after 10 years will become .95mm. Spot welding will never deliver same amount of power NESE can, and here is why: Nickel is of lower conductivity than copper, check iacs table Welded nickel strip is usually up to 0.2mm thick where my tabs are 0.6mm. Spotwelding means that you have couple 1mm^2 spots of good connection where here precision stamped tabs have ten times that. Do a test, spot weld 6p and pull 200A and see what happens:)

Here is promissed video:

19 Likes