N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

No, I don’t trust them :D. There is no space for a good BMS but I might build an external BMS charger with a DieBMS like someone here in the forum. Actually I sometimes balance and check every single cell for internal resistance :slight_smile: Edit: I have a brick charger too which I normally use. The hobby charger is for balancing manually :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll start working on a new board and this time it will be 10S5P, based on the tested 4P module post that I am replying to. Still wanted to go with the same layout as before(see the last pic) but wasn’t possible given the deck and enclosure size, so I’ll be using something like in the pics below.

1. It’s printed as 2 part and joined with some PETG specific glue(MEK maybe).
  2. The downward “v” is not for vendetta, but actually to better conform to the curve of the deck.
  3. I am going for vibration absorbing standoff which Agnius had suggested at some point.
  4. The series connection between adjacent modules will be made by soldering a u shaped flexible wire.
  5. The distance between the 2 end lines is 190mm(7.4"). The space in between the standoffs will be used to mount the enclosure, ensuring max space utilization. Planning to use with a 9.5" wide deck.
  6. The only(&major) issue is that these are rated for compression and my use case is tension. lets see. image 5P5P_1 5P5P_2 5P5P_3 5P5P_4

old setup for reference image

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/10402?u=mishrasubhransu

11 Likes

Turned out pretty well.

IMG_20190324_155012 IMG_20190324_161556 IMG_20190324_174045 IMG_20190324_174052 IMG_20190324_172900

11 Likes

Looks good man!

1 Like

Looks good, lid stays closed right through the parts?

1 Like

I didn’t get what you were asking, but if it’s about the lid placement then it’s will be like in the pic below. I haven’t printed the lid yet

2 Likes

You should add a small shock absorbing washer to the top of the screw (screw head, thin hard washer, shock washer, PETG case, bottom shock washer that you have)

That way it’s shock absorbing either way and not just one. Just need a slightly longer screw, current design should accommodate just fine.

Fuckin sexy too btw!

2 Likes

@agniusm are you going to sell 21700 tabs?

1 Like

I get what you are saying, but if you hold these shock standoffs you will realize they won’t help. The crew doesn’t go all the way through. I have to search for a different kind of shockproof washer to do that.

1 Like

I’m preparing some cell holders for welding 21700, some great cells coming out in this size

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone in the USA has 3 qty of 5P(or higher) NESE tabs, to sell/exchange. I have lots of new 4P and 3P tabs if you are willing to exchange. Please PM me.

aliexpress has a sale again, and i rly want to try the liitokal 21700 out. They just brake every metric, based lygte data.

@agniusm The modules arrived today, thanks! Feels much more solid then my impression from the photos. PSX_20190330_120318

3 Likes

Wow, so many! How many packs are you building?

Two packs, 11S8P Samsung 35E and 10S4P 30Q if only Nkon shipping was faster. :grinning:

3 Likes

Great that they are with you. More solid, is it a good thing or bad ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good thing!
Compression is strong the cells are sitting tight, I am stoked! I would have spent the same amount on Spotwelder, Nickel strips, shrink wrap etc. I like the fact that I can reuse your modules once the cells are bad. You developed a unique product and therefore I don’t see it as too expensive! Looking forward to the 21700 modules :grinning:

4 Likes

I’m doing a 12s4p pack. I guess I can get to that configuration through 2s4p modules or 1s4p ones. When I buy a 12s4p hardware set from https://18650.lt/index.php/product/n-e-s-e-hardware-set-2/ which module configuration is it compatible with?

look at the series tabs included. you get the amount needed to build it with 1s Modules.

Then where is the hardware for the 2s4p modules?