N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

I’m’ very impressed by the overhang with PETG

1 Like

And this is without any cooling. The layer adhesion is incredible if you print without part cooling.

1 Like

I need a holder for my liftboard. ASAP.

Joey [email protected]

I mean, I’ll take perfect too if I was in your position. Don’t fix what’s not broken. I just wanted to show you that it can be done, so don’t discount PETG just yet.

Got any recommendations? I have esun petg black at the moment.

Thankfully the newest ender 3’s have this.

Would give this a shot

1 Like

I am using some high quality PETG form some German guys… should be one of the best u can get on the marked. Still not satisfied with hit. But maybe I just did not found the correct settings for this. :rofl:

https://www.material4print.de/de/petg-filamente__106/?fltr4[]=5&

I am on my 3rd roll. It prints great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075M68Y19

Sunulu is great. I really like the PLA colours they have. The Pearl white is amazing!

Surprisingly, they don’t ship to my address in the US.

As promised my PETG benchy

IMG_20190307_012553IMG_20190307_012426 IMG_20190307_012539IMG_20190307_012544

2 Likes

I also use SUNLU PETG, 3rd rools, great filament. The benchy is good. With fan or without?

1 Like

PET-G without fan? Sounds not that good…

Maybe i have that much of a problem, because my extruder is running on and old tmc2130 driver in spreadcycle…

What temps are u printing the SUNULU PETG? The PETG i use form M4P need a quiete hot temperature. ~240 degrees

Petg can be printed with, without or middle fan. The higher fan is for details but the lower is for mechanical purpose. All the Pulley I printed in petg was 0% fan. I don’t have problem in print it like that. You just need a bit more cleaning afterwards, since it will string more.

Sunlu petg prints well without clear difference from 230 to 240 in my case. I use 230 for details, 235 for layer adhesion with no fan. Petg requires really low retraction, in cura you can not set it so you need S3D to better tune your printer.

Err you can

1 Like

Ah ok I stopped to use cura 3 years ago. My bad. Then keep it low for petg. I advice 2-3mm max

Same for me… i just use S3D. But they are way behind the others at the moment. Its the more technical/profssional programm, but with less features.

Ah i always have 100mm/s retraction speed. Maybe thats the problem :wink: As i said…i am not a big fan of PETG. BUT i ll give it another try… got some really nice rolls of PETG at home.

Once you get used to it you don’t want to use the stinky ABS anymore :smiley: I just found out that printing heat towers with new filament is generally a good idea since it tells you the optimal temp for the specific stuff on your printer. Then you have to increase the distance to the bed compared to PLA, at least two layers of paper instead of one when leveling :slight_smile: Last but already said: Retraction is important. I recently got a Micro Swiss all metal hotend for my Ender3 and had to learn printing again :smiley: (My values: 3-4mm @ 60mm/s).

3 Likes

Also take into account that petg absorbs moisture so put in the oven 2-3 hours at 50-60 degree for better result. Which printer do you have? If it is creality cr10, cr10s and pro I could give you my profile to try it out

1 Like

It’s a selfmade coreXY Printer… Running on KLIPPER.

Its more a precise high speed printer… Klipper and CoreXY kinematic. Runs easy over 300mm/s travel with silent tmc and acc 10.000mm/s²

6 Likes

Then no :grin: nice printer. Then PETG is just a matter of settings. You also have to print it slow. To get really good result I stay at 35mm/sec

This one is my benchy out of the bed. You can still see all the stringings that can be easy removed btw

IMG_20190307_110608 I don’t have here the newer one but now the layer separation is even better.

3 Likes

thx man :wink:

Ok then i prefer to print ABS with 120mm/s… :stuck_out_tongue: But definitly i ll try the PETG again.

2 Likes