N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

@jneumann They fit well w one or two bands. Bands are in compression not tension but tension as a back up now I guess. “Or” spotwelding? …I like these image image image

3 Likes

If you could please share the cad links of your updated 2s4p and latch files it would be much appreciated!

1 Like

I’ll post all the NESE stuff to thingivere today.

2 Likes

Many thanks in advance!

I’m making a 10s3p pack. I’ll be printing the modules myself but I want to make sure I purchase the correct hardware the first time and have everything right in my mind. Does this diagram look correct?

IMG_20190221_073845

Yep, that’s correct. Are you ordering the 3D printed parts from Agnius? Make sure they are the updated parts.

1 Like

I printed the correct modules from the files you linked me to. I would need (4x) 3p+3p modules and then (1x) module on the end with no center wall

1 Like

@sainttjames, I have several of my 2S4P modules, what style were you thinking? Minimalist one is the one without the standard screw attachment point, where you have to do a bit of soldering.

If you were going to use latch(stand) files, then that only works with Agnius’s designs and the updated ones are here:

@sainttjames, all NESE related files here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3444525 DieBieMS_nonstandard2 DieBieMS_nonstandardIMG_20190119_064319

6 Likes

Hey Thanks! Is there a chance you could publish your 2S4P (Lid +Base) as well ?

I built a board in 2017 nearly identical to WhitePony and would like to be able to take the board on vacation. Hence, the NESE modules are very intriguing and what you did regarding the curved wall and freeing the lid, etc. Thanks again~

I just had the idea of merging both worlds: Spotwelding the P-Groups but putting them in N.E.S.E. like modules for easy disassembly… :thinking:

1 Like

@sainttjames I have a 2S4P but I haven’t printed and tested it. I have only tested the 4P module with curved wall design.

4P can very easily be converted to 4P+4P and will be bit smaller than two 4P side by side. It will work 100%

2S4P on the other hand, you will need to print and test it. I can upload to thingiverse now. So which one do you need?

or you solder them directly when assembled something like this image

1 Like

Hmmm …I’m not certain. I just finished printing Agnius’s 2s4p - I liked how you mounted them on your board. Are you still rolling with that setup?

BTW - I have been using Simplify3D for slicing PETG (gives me slightly better results than Cura) BUT it gave me some weird artifacts as a result of its Gcode. I fixed one of Agniu’s bases with Rhino3D, but I’m wondering if anybody else has seen this problem? Doesn’t happen in Cura.2s4p%20strange

hmm, yeah, but with NESE style like nut and screws for easy assembly and protection outside of the enclosure.

For me, I like the fact that the individual cells are not welded. If a cell dies you can just pull and replace.

Yeah, and that setup works great. I have been riding it daily and have ridden more than 250 km total.

The mounts that I used for mounting on my board are available on the thingiverse link and they are compatible with Agnius’s 2S4P design.

EDIT: Hmm, weird. I have printed his files without any issues using Cura on my Ender 3. @agniusm, would you know why his slicer giving him weird artifacts?

Aah, Okay. You want to do opposite of what I was thinking. I wanted to have removable cells but a welded pack but you want welded cells but removable pack.

That could be interesting. Give it shot.

For me that is also the most important thing apart from modularization, I actually know every cell by name :wink: but there might be some that only need the modularity