N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

This looks so good! Would you mind sharing the overal dimensions of the finished pack?

@visnu777

of course, its 15,5x42x2,3cm (including XT90s) :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are people doing in terms of BMS on these packs?

You could put some cable shoes on the balance wires and fix them with the same screw that holds the bus connector. @mutantbass

How and where can I purchase a kit?

18650.it

Thatā€™s where you can get them. Iā€™d recommend getting one of the two sided modules, makes it a bit easier and you only have to use half as many as you normally would. Iā€™ve got a 12s4p worth these, itā€™s great :slight_smile:

1 Like

the upside of using the none double sided is for decks with alot of concave. other than that go for the double sided modules.

1 Like

What are they called exactly? Im having a hard time here youā€™ll have to forgive me.

http://18650.lt/index.php/product/n-e-s-e-module/

1 Like

Does anyone have any better ideas for the connecting hardware? The current design is nicely protected but the bolts and plastic caps increase the width a good amount.

Something like nylon or press together like legos, not sure, just thinking out loud

They do increase the width, but itā€™s really only like 5mm combined for both sides so not that big a deal for me. I was already going to have to modify my deck to use these, so an extra 5mm wasnā€™t really much of a concern.

1 Like

So should I go for 6 of the 2s4p packs for a 12s4p? How does this work. Newb battery builder hereā€¦also would it be smart to order any additional parts to assemble the pack from this site? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated

if you scroll up you see a nice diagram of @uigiroux showing how he placed them. And yes if you plan to build a 12s4p battery, you can get either 6x2s4p modules or 12x1s4p packs, depending on your deck.

1 Like

To build a complete battery you need more than just the modules. They have bus bars, tabs that cover the screws, etc. In the comments section, you can ask that they confirm that youā€™ve gotten all you need to do the build you want.

2 Likes

Also, still very interested if you can figure out a 2s6p module. Trying to run 12 cells width wise and the more compact the better

@agniusm

he mentioned at some point that 8cells per module is the max, because of structural integrity reasons.

1 Like

Thatā€™s right. I wanted ten wide for a 5p battery, but I guess at length over 8 cells there is the potential for warping of the modules.

I had already reached out to him directly and was told the same unfortunately

Edit: and would also be ok with two 1s6p in one case to save the extra material that two separate 1s6p cases would have

Does anyone a a pic of the 2s2p module?

http://18650.lt/index.php/2s2p-n-e-s-e-module/ explore his page^^

2 Likes