N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

I will be offering new service. Anyone ordering at www.18650.lt will be able to order custom parts needed for the builds. I will not offer design service but rather printing service. As an example you might need custom controller enclosure or bracket and you have designed it so to save on shipping and looking at different 3d printing services you could just order everything in one place with your battery kit. Here is an example. Long channel for balance wires and pcm enclosure on 10S pack with 3 wire pcm so its all nice and tidy and protected:

20190430_142512

3 Likes

Do you guys have a website for newbs like me to buy or custom order these from you? I am looking for a 6s2P pack without the hassle of building or having to trash a whole pack if one cell goes bad.

(LOL, I was typing when you posted your website and replied before I saw it).

1 Like

Great idea! That will be a complete product for esk8. Maybe you should make it for selling.

What’s the record for the biggest NESE battery? Here’s my 13S5P. Only outputs 25v for some reason, I likely need more contact on the positive than a single ring terminal. obscura1556744080914

top mount battery box i designed for my 10s3p NESE battery pack

IMG_20190501_162338

3 Likes

Not here but the biggest battery built with NESE is 20S16P i believe: image Here is what he said about the system: “NESE hands down. 100% better. The vruzend might have its place but overall not sold on its quality / durability long term. The hardware on them breaks way to easily. I managed to assembled all 40 modules (8 cells each) in less time than the 30 cell 12v battery. Having printed these modules in ABS following the recommended settings on your website I can say that they went together with no issues, (snug but in a good way) I will likely end up changing the 3s 10p battery for a 4s 8p NESE system.”

2 Likes

NEW THREAD CREATED, PLEASE CONTINUE THERE:

THE NEW NESE THREAD

2 Likes

I have missed your question. If the BMS is connected correctly, you would need to leave it on a charger for 48H to see if something is happening. These PCM’s have balancing current of ~30mA so it will take a while. What is happening, the charger lights green when PCM cuts it off. Then PCM slowly(at 30mA) rate discharges all of the cells except low ones to set threshold. When cells reach that threshold, PCM will kick in charger until low cells will catch up with high cells. It will take time. But if the cells are brand new they should be pretty equal in SOC.

NEW THREAD CREATED, PLEASE CONTINUE THERE:

THE NEW NESE THREAD

2 Likes

@agniusm, please consider creating a FAQ post in the new thread. That will be useful.

1 Like

Quick question - The m5 bolts that the NESE uses for the bus bars : what length are they?

Going by the sizing of the spacing, 10mm seems a little short, and 16mm seems a little long. I don’t yet have all the tab sets though, so I figured I’d ask as it means I can pick up some correct sized bolts.

Will these packs work with Samsung 30T batteries? Or is there no wiggle room.

30t are standard 21700, so what is the question here?

1 Like

I couldnt find anyone who can build me a battery pack right now, so I figured Id do it myself. Since Im new to it though I was wondering if the nese packs would work or if there is an alternative for 21700 cells. Sorry for the confusion, thanks!

1 Like

they have not been released yet. He will announce once the 21700 version is available for sale. mainly the tabs are the issue.

1 Like

Gotcha thanks for the update :slight_smile:

he made a new thread, since this thread is not the one he started.

1 Like

This one is more active these days. You’ll have your questions answered faster. https://forum./t/nese-the-no-solder-18650-battery-system/1777?u=mishrasubhransu

1 Like

I used old laptop cells for an experiment. They became very hot, couldn’t hold a cell in my hands for long. The PLA battery holder became soft and deformed. Good batteries with normal internal resistance do not heat too much and ok to use. Temperatures above 60 degrees Celsius will soften PLA. Interestingly, 60 degrees is the temperature which generally will not cause damage to skin if held in contact for NO more than 5 seconds.

1 Like

I had a second failure of rig…apparently BMS did not balance cells in 10s4p pack, so how does one do…balance in NESE rigs?