My vesc is not turning on

yeah voltmeter said it was OK and i unplug all my battery and try each of them on it . then I tried them on my last vesc and it turned it on

Try bypassing the capacitors with low voltage like 1 battery pack and see it it turns on

tried that .dident work

Maybe there is a short somewhere

That would make sense

I just noteice something

Is that cricle thing supost to be chiped

This might be a good idea.

My vesc wont connet to my computer becuse it wont trun on at all

This is on my old one

Well this one seems to have been punctured by the P1 pins.

Can i fix it? I have solder and everything just not the wire

You will likely not be able to fix this. You need a new DRV, and likely some other parts also. You need to solder the DRV, which has a somewheres around 30-50 really small pins in total on the 4 sides. The easiest method I’ve seen is with a reflow oven. If you don’t have a reflow oven, you can do it with the right soldering iron and tip, but you need mad skills.

The moral of the story is… Don’t buy cheap vescs if they don’t come with a warranty. It could be your setup that caused this problem. Or more likely, it was poorly manufactured. Chaka has publicly shown multiple upgrades he does to his vescs that to him are improvements. He rarely has one break from normal use, and wether you break it or it breaks from normal use, he will fix it, and you won’t lose your money.

I had this happen with two vescs from enertion (one came with a defect). I was told it was likely my setup that broke them and offered nothing but to buy new ones at full price. With chaka’s vescs in the same setup, they have never broken after 1000+ miles. Cough up the money, buy one from chaka, and stop buying the cheapest vescs possible. Theres a reason they are cheap… Chaka has hinted that his vescs cost around $120 in parts alone, without labor. He sources his parts from mouser, which is known to have the highest quality electronic parts. You pay for what you get, and I’m so tired of seeing person after person get burnt by these shitty quality vescs.

1 Like

I’m still afraid my board is going to rapidly reverse going 15 mph like my Torqueboards (diyelectricskateboards.com) VESC did after a week of use.

Hopefully I will get over this with my new @chaka VESC.

Thanks Ollin!

Could you try to cut the heatshrink off, and take some closeups of both sides, with plenty of light ? And when taking the heatshrink off, try to smell if any parts are burned and see if there are burn marks, ore holes in the IC’s

The chiped circle, is a coil… its for the switchmode power supply, the missing edge dosnt matter for this purpose

I will try that

I couldn’t find anything find

Hi Bryant,

Unfortunately, you purchased without the warranty. If you purchase with warranty we can offer a replacement.

How much is it