My obsession with idler pulleys

Ill be rockin an idler by the end of this week, very curious to see difference

1 Like

Use a shoulder bolt! I’m going to take it all apart later tonight, and document all the little details that I left out of the original post. Hopefully by tomorrow, I will edit the original part of this thread to include the bolt size and type, and location that I used.

1 Like

I got the mount from @Lionkev55 coming

Damn! I just noticed the size of the wheel pulley in relation to the idler pulley. I can see that that location may do more harm than good. It would have to be much closer to the motor pulley to have any beneficial effects. The main purpose of the tensioner is to affect the smaller pulley. It seems that in your setup, the motor plate isnt wide enough for a proper pulley location

Sorry I didn’t realize that sooner, my B

That’s pretty much what I ended up figuring out. Thanks for the infor though!

14 Likes

Dude, sweet! Are you bolting into the motor directly?

how does it perform ?

Now THAT is a cool idea. What size bearings are those? I wonder how long they’ll last with the high speed they’ll be going at due to be being so small.

What’s that on your motor?

It’s a c-clip

@GrecoMan lmao no not the circlip, the blue stuff on the motor bell

Looks like a 3D printed cover to me lol

TPU sleeves.

3 Likes

Made them yourself?

Friend printed them. But I just measured my torqueboard bell which is 63* 42. Then used this customizer and printed it. In 95a semi transparent TPU

Tpu makes good everything

And waiting on longer hardware to finish the tail install

PS board is apart as I’m upgrading to MBS wheels and 40t tomorrow so… Yea excuse the board resting on bearings

6 Likes

That is some cool shit !!!

Starting to follow the trend. Thanks to @PatRocks

2 Likes

I felt obliged to share :grin:

4 Likes

yeahhh!! Representing!! Those mounts are my favorite, wink wink.

1 Like