My first crash (offroad) Yes I wear a helmet

Ive been skating for years. I bought a chinese AT board about 4 months ago . i use it to commute to work occassionaly. The majority of the time I ride it aggressively after work to let the stress of the day go. So today I get off work and its finally not raining in Texas . I grab my board and proceed to surf it on the normal path that loops around a decent sized park. On the return trip i see a grassy jump just off the path but their are a few obsticles to dodge so i dont hit it sideways and case the landing. I hit it I was going faster then I realized and upon landing stayed on the throttle and slid out. The whole time i was falling I kept thing tuck and hit the brakes . It worked. Boards fine I’m fine. Just make sure to wear your helmets and protective gear . and always remember to engage your brakes so your board doesnt run away after a whiskey throttle situation. Cheers :call_me_hand:

Edit: grammatical errors as always woth my posts

13 Likes

Glad youre ok man.

cant wait till the e-stop featre from the feather remote is standard amongst all the remotes (0-ing ppm value if a significant distance from the board is recorded)

I could be wrong about that being the e-stop feature, thats just what I remembered it to be :thinking:

2 Likes

Those are good and fine Ive had many falls like that but the most scary falls are the ones that don’t even give you time to think. I fell at 30mphish so fast that I really had no time to react my helmet hit the ground hard like it was the end of a whip. Broken Board, Broken Ruroc and a lot of bruises but I’m alive to ride again.

3 Likes

Thats sounds amazing . I’ve seen something similar with jet skis. They slow and turn around .

Oh dang hence the tag under your name. Im glad your made it out . good thing you were wearing a helmet.

1 Like

Yeah I’m okay, I never ride with out a helmet, a good friend passed away from a head injury in 2017 and ever since then I take safety very seriously. His memory has saved my life more than once now.

4 Likes

My condolences . I am sorry for your loss. I will make sure to keep mine as well.

1 Like

My kind of situation

1 Like

Update. My airless wheels lost traction on a corner going 20mph.

2 Likes

Glad it wasn’t worse, here’s what a high 20mph wreck in shorts looks like.

2 Likes

Oh nooo. My knee and left hand got it too. I actually slid on my remote and my right hand. Most of the way

1 Like

I got scraped up on my shoulder and hip, took some pics at work. Broken wrist, but I’m alive and keep on riding. Lol

1 Like

Thats right haha.

1 Like

Maybe I’ve been lucky.

Not to one up or anything, but my board just came out from under me at 49mph. One second I’m enjoying the rush of wind the next the stars and pavement stars pavement stars pavement stars.

Hurt for a bit but nothing strong ibuprofen and a couple weeks couldn’t help me cope with.

I’ve since decided 35mph, 40 max is probably sufficient.

Safety gear? Glad I had it on.

2 Likes

I only wear a helmet as of right now but after today i wamna go full face and get slide gloves

2 Likes

Jesus Christ! You guys totally need to up your protection. Everything you’ve scraped up I’m padded up on. I’m scared of shoulder/collarbone injury. Got no protection there, seen a lot of broken bones in that area

2 Likes

Im too broke to buy that gear, but everytime I do decide to go out for a ride, I wear 2 sweaters, wear some tsg knee pads, some sector nine leather gloves, and a helmet. To my luck, @Bobby gave me a full face helmet that was given to him by @topcloud, and now I don’t have to worry about eating it, after the numerous times I ran into guard rails and pot holes. Can’t wait to go back to riding!!

6 Likes

JEEZ 49mph? downhill or can your setup hit that speed?

At first, I rarely wore any gear, learned my lesson going almost 50mph on my downhill board and breaking my leg. As much as I do want to buy all this gear and stuff, it’s so expensive! I’ve been using my downhill division stuff I had from the past that I’ve collected over the years and it’s done me fine.

1 Like

Both, slightly downhill and board geared for 45mph weighted. I didn’t take into account that going downhill I may hit beyond the weighted speed, got going faster and faster, but having not dewedged the rear or tuned my bushings, I was in a bad spot riding 50degree front and rear in terms of inherent stability. I’ve since either de-wedged, ran 35 degree rears, or not geared above 35mph weighted.