My First build is it worth trying to re-cycle old gear?

Better to spend 100 extra than to loose a motor or ESC, I can say this from experience.

About the temp sensors I don’t know if somebody is working on that. But if the ESC can not cut power to the motor base on the sensor info it will make no difference.

Yeah, there should be some circuit put into place then, to shut down the power… or, if you get the reader on your remote (through microcontroller), then you could just shut off the throttle.

Well, anyways they are out of stock and the only alternative is the Toro 150A.

I have no experience with that ESC, can tell for sure.

Btw - I know i will get boring soon, but - did you order yours from China warehouse or Usa one (the motor)? As I am afraid now, that if I order straight from china I will get the ‘‘infamous’’ import tax.

USA warehouse

the China warehouse do not charge taxes to USA

Do you use belts or chains ? I don’t want to chains does anyone know a dual motor setup for these trucks using belts

Not really going off road with this MTB Streets and paths

I use belts now, better ride and can be use off road with no problem.

The chain are noisy and have to use lubrication personally I don’t like that.

1 Like

Dual set up ? Do u use matrix trucks ? Just trying to see is it worth re cycling these trucks or start with fresh board truck and wheels

I have matrix 2 truck and a machine aluminum mount.

You can see here:

The matrix truck you have will not allow to install a belt drive, there’s no room with the brake system mounting base.

Thanks. For the info back to drawing board me thinks. Looking like a new build … Think it going to be something simple and cheap for first build … Long board trucks single motor mount pulleys wheels and all the bit and bobs u need to start a frist build. Now the hard bit go source and read

Are you going to use the MBS rockstar wheels ?

Not sure the MBS wheels I have are worth using. Plastics rims. Maybe better going for longboard style skate board Wheels and trucks for first build. From what I am reading for around cities lots of people using MBS wheels … Really no idea I just want a simple E skateboard then move on to better and greater things

If you are like me coming from kite boarding go with the MBS rockstar wheels and the matrix pro 2 truck you won’t regret it.

The learning curve is not that much then you’ll be asking for more.