My first build, e-mtb trampa

Yeah, the board you linked should work fine (those are XT90s, not jst).

Nice i’m planning to solder xt90’s to my batteries. And charge them with the Xt90’s and the jst’s. Which charger do you recommend? I would like a charger with build in powersupply. So i don’t need to carry an external powersupply if i take it with me…

I don’t know man, the only one I have any experience with is the icharger308duo. It’s a bad mf, but I recommend you go with the Hyperion 720i I’m trying to sell :smile:

1 Like

all the cool chargers I have seen have a separate power supply like the icharger’s do. I’ve got a 308 duo like benji… it’s a BMF, I have ex-computer power supply that has been converted with 6 (3+3) 4mm bullet posts on the front. It can crank out 1200w and 100amps in total if need be :smiling_imp: I’ve seen some smaller supplies at quite fair prices. Look for around <600w & <50amp converted computer supplies…

If there is a downside, I think the colour is a strange choice…

1 Like

Thanks for the reply( haha, i keep thanking everybody :grin:) It looks like an unpopular gaming console of the 90’s. But i will search for it never the less…

lol

6 Likes

These super cheap Hardcase batteries keep catching my eye for the mtb build i have spent way to much time planning and avoiding due to money troubles but im thinking Max6 myself with 4 x these https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-4s1p-14-8v-20c-hardcase-pack.html?wrh_pdp=3 and two cheap chargers to keep the charge time down and have a single charger left if one goes kaput. Looking forward to seeing how your build turns out.

1 Like

We have a nice carbon box in the make. Available soon. Balancer leads out, 3x XT90 outs, simple, nice efficient. Have a look at the Graupner Ultramat 18. Cheap, 12S capable, 90W power supply built in, port for 500W external power supply. Best charger if your pocket isn’t thick. I use an old server power supply to speed up charging.

Frank

http://www.trampaboards.com/twin-12s-monster-box-with-twin-vesc-mounting-plate-p-24685.html

Frank

Maybe this is going to sound supercheap but i’m going to ask it anyway. This charger: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Imax-B6AC-80W-AC-DC-Dual-Power-Balance-Charger-for-RC-Lipo-NiCd-NiMh-Battery-/192132683688?hash=item2cbc0017a8:g:oDcAAOSw2gxYy4WL And this paraboard: https://m.ebay.com/itm/Common-Sense-RC-Paraboard-Parallel-Charging-Board-for-Lipos-w-XT90-Connector-/192283894831?txnId=1428106760009

Would this charge 4 zippycompact 4s 6200mah batteries? Or do i need the external powersupply for extra juice?

it is what it is bro, <6s, <80w, <6A if that suits your needs it is cool. I have never had this brand but there is lots of chatter about fakes… what are you trying to charge?

I would like to charge four zippycompact 4s 6200mah with a parallel chargeboard

I would go for a 12S charger and charge the serialized packs one after another. The parallel board has the disadvantage that you need to disconnect all batteries every time you charge.

Frank

I get your point of using a heavy charger but why do i need a 12s charger? I’m making 8s2p from those 4 batteries, right?

It would be Nice to charge the pack when it’s still in the board, i get that. But since my skills about this are limited i need to learn a lot. I’m starting with simple removable packs and charge them out of the board. Later on when I tested the board and when i’m more sure of my capabilities. i will probably build in a bms or some sort of jst cable like @lowGuido.

@Nemesis thanks for following this thread, i Will keep the posts coming as i’m researching and start building. Maybe need to start a seperate build-topic with decent title?!? Post a link to your build-topic if you can, i’m curious! The batterypacks look nice! Mount em without an extra case, that would be bad-ass…

1 Like

Charging through the balancer leads takes ages. You can only charge slowly, since the cables are to thin. Two 6S charger cost as much as a cheap 12s charger. I would go straight for the real deal.

Frank

1 Like

If I use this paraboard them i’m charging through the output cables, right? Must plug all the cables from the battery in the paraboard, starting with the Xt90’s then jst’s…correct me if i’m wrong

1 Like

New and more complete diagram

Hey als je nog op zoek bent naar materiaal of hulp ik kan je zeker helpen :slight_smile: Ik heb ook een klein webshopje met materiaal dat je misschien aanstaat, aangezien je ook van Belgie bent kan je besparen op verzending :slight_smile:

https://electriclongboardsolutions.storelaunchers.com/

Groetjes Frédéric

1 Like

Haha dacht al bijna dat ik de enigste Belg was hier. Niet dus… :joy: Zeer propere webshop heb je daar! Als ik eventueel een longboard in de toekomst maak dan heb je er een klant bij! Maar voor nu zal ik mijn onderdelen niet kunnen vinden op jouw site… Van waar ben je ongeveer?

1 Like

Im a long way off posting a build thread as i have just had to pay off a rather large debt, and as we say in England im now fully brasic :frowning:. only upside is time for more research.