My First Build - 10S and 6374 Single Belt Drive

Do you use a BMS for the LiPo-s?

No, I have a imax b6 charger and I have to charge every battery separately. I considering to buy a charging board to connect all 4 batteries and charging them in one time.

There are plenty of lipo folks that run bms. Just do a quick search and you will find good information for those that run with bms.

Update:

I have updated and completed the parts list, added some links and bought motor, motor mount and trucks.

Does anyone know what’s the size of the bullet connectors the APS 6374 motor has?

just write him an email. he response quite fast, but it probably won’t be 4mm connector. Btw just a tip, since this build will go fast, try to do a split between the axles. Like 50° front and 44° rear, i did it on my board and stabilized my board at high speeds. I recommend reading up on this thread, loads of good info about bushings ect.

thanks for the suggestions, I look into it

Does anyone have some suggestions or ideas for a 10s4p 18650 Li-ion split enclosure? Would be great if it was made for the Vanguard. So far I’ve considered diy fiberglass, 3d printing and @Eboosted Vanguard enclosure.

I have the Vanguard set in stock waiting to be bought :blush: , let me know

1 Like

Just recieved the APS motor, looks like it’s decent quality. Still trying to figure out how to save costs on the enclosure.

if you go DIY fiberglass don’t forget you have to calculate the costs for the molds.

Kinda torn towards kydex atm. Should be cheap and reliable?

Kydex is reliable or ABS but it is expensive compared to fiberglass

Just ordered the Focbox from enertion’s own website during the sale. I’m hoping the support guy was right when he told me that it’ll take approx 2-3 weeks to ship it to EU.

Should I make the enclosure’s mold out of wood or is there anything easier to use?

sort of off topic but have you seen the enertion sale for the focboxes? :smiley:

This would be a great time to pick one up!

(i also picked this up: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/dual-focbox-fully-enclosed-cnc-machined-case/42321 aparpently it helps temperatures significantly)\

edit: lol woops… jumped the gun :laughing:

I made my mold with a 3D printer. Otherwise, wood, cardboard will all work. IT depends, how complicate is your design. Keep in mind that is not that true that kydex and ABS are more expensive. If you can make a vaccum pump (there are tutorial online, it’s pretty easy) than the total cost would be more with fiberglass. I went for fiber glass and I paid 30 euro for the material without any gel coat or fancy stuff. I found ABS, Kydex sheets on ALi, Ebay for less than 20 euro. To me depends of what you would like as final result.

1 Like

I have found some kydexs at good price in EU, if you need it I can have a look if I find them

You can make it out of dense foam and wrap it in duct tape for kydex, really easy to hype angles to attract ladies.

Got some kydex from amazon, recieved the FOCBOX. Also I got refunded on the GT2B I ordered from amazon (it got stuck in the customs somewhere) and because enertion’s having this huge sale now for the Nano-X I’m going to use it instead of a custom gt2b.