My first and last build (for now) Hi5ber Jalapeno | Torqueboards Direct Drive | 12s4p Samsung 30q | FOCCBOX Unity | Hoyt puck controller

what is a jumper? Just make connectors. buy make 3.5 and female 5.5 and solder those together, and then connect as usual

2 Likes

Jumper just means a short wire. Im thinking like 2 inches of 12 gauge wire in between.

You wont have to perma solder anything, do those two connections with each other and now you have a wire to connect the two so you avoid ruining the warranty

1 Like

OK i got it now. Just found this. I don’t know why I didn’t see it before.

I can’t wait to finally start building!
1 Like

Board came in!

4 Likes

why not just buy these directly from diy? https:///collections/electrical-connectors/products/wire-extensions-3-5mm-to-5-5mm

Daaamn! That board is dope!

How flexy is it?

Mounting that enclosure will take away the flex… :frowning:

A little update while I wait an eternity for the Direct Drive kit and the FOCBOX unity… After receiving all my goodies and looking at how people made these adapters, im surprised no one has done them like this.

So instead of cutting that half off like the guy in my previous post did, I took a drill bit and wallowed out the 5.5mm side so the 3.5 slides right in with perfect tolerance. I then heated up the whole unit and pooled solder into the little hole until it was full. It looks much better than the ones I have seen done before. My ghetto ass work station.

3 Likes

Well I probably would if I didn’t already order the pieces, but you can get the required pieces and have a ton left over for less than 16 dollars. Although with a build thats already over 2k, its kinda irrelevant lol.

1 Like

She has practically no flex at all. I don’t like flexy boards. I know they are more comfortable but to me you lose a ton of control. I skateboard so I am just used to a stiff deck. One day I will be building a Trampa eMTB so then I can learn the joys of flex and pneumatic tires!

1 Like

completely independently I made some adapters for my TB DDs as well this morning. Mine didn’t need drilling out though and the supplied 3.5mm male bullets just slid straight in. Like you used a mini clamp and heated the female 5.5mm bullet up with a solder iron, made a pool of solder and just slotted them together. 15 min job inc 2x layers of heatshrink :slight_smile:

20190515_095424_resized

3 Likes

:+1:

0640587fb9b6677c33b2fd2e0b01ae083e26b2f1_2_750x1000

fa3421883f10df34a62b99abc25e42a1122a6609_2_750x1000

3 Likes

did you get the ‘crocodile clip flick’ ? Had a near miss as one of the 5.5mm bullets, fully laden with molten solder decided to ping out of the clip, hitting me on the shoulder… ! I angled them away from me after that :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Haha yes. Juuuust too small to hold them

I was so terrified of that happening!!! Lucky for me it went without incident. The clips me and brenternet have are so much better than the regular ones. See how they tighten down with the wing nut? They work really good.

1 Like

yeah I’ve got one like Brent’s but with a backlit magnifier hanging over the double clips. They are brilliant for most things except cylindrical bullets over 4mm ! Definitely something to be careful of next time (as I picked the solder globules out of my T Shirt shoulder :joy:)

OK big update. I got everything in except the Unity.

Look at the size difference compared to my Exway X1 pro!

Cleaned the board with a microfiber towel and isopropyl alcohol and applied the battery straps.

Marked holes and taped edge off to apply weather stripping on the board. I decided to just use skate hardware and drill through the board because the battery is bigger than the case so no matter what I do it seems the case is gonna be doing some lifting… The carbon fiber drills really well. The bits grab really easily so be careful and make sure your aiming right. I ended up having to wallow out the case holes a bit to make it fit after i ran the hardware though the board. All the screw holes got countersunk a little bit so let the screws sit nearly flush in the board. I didn’t want to go too crazy counter sinking them because I am always nervous about losing structural rigidity. But now it comes off easily and with any skate tool!!!

All buttoned up!

My custom light setup. 1 7/8" rubber lined P-clamps and two Sofirn SP 32A. I wrapped 2 layers of electrical tape around the ends of the 18650 Li-Ion cells to keep them from vibrating in the flashlight. They are crazy bright! 1800 lumens each on turbo and should stay lit for 4 hours on turbo mode. I don’t know how reliable this will end up being because people have told me they don’t last but how many of them thought of the tape idea? Who knows, only time will tell.

She looks good in her new home next to her older sister!

So now I am just waiting for the Unity (as are so many other people…) and she will be up and running!!! I am currently looking for some good protective gear. I don’t really wear shit on the Exway but this thing is no joke. Probably gonna have to get the full face helm and some armor. Any suggestions would help immensely, just keep in mind I live in FL so I need the COOLEST, BREATHABLE armor. I wont wear the gear if I am miserable every time I go ride…

1 Like

Thinking about getting the Icon Stryker rig.

1 Like

It’s finally here!!! After 4 months and 10 days of ordering, the final piece of the puzzle has arrived! I’ll post more pics of the install once it’s done.20190722_155922

2 Likes

Howzit ride?