My custom trucks with "integrated" motor mounts

So while i was building my 3rd board i realized that i can´t fit two 5065 in 180mm paris clones.

I just got these from my water cutter. the hanger part is 15mm aircraft grade aluminium and its raw weight is 360grm. while mounts are softer 10mm piece-i-found-on-the-trash aluminium. Mounts weight 130grm each but they will be milled to 5mm except the part where they will be screwed on the hanger. i think mounts will stay on with just two M4 and quality glue. im still not sure do i use press fit on the axles on threads with glue.

why not use axle extenders ?

just weld or bolt screw all the mounts on to the extenders . i think i might just do that . have a set of GullWing SideWinders 180mm . wont change or tamper the original trucks .

where can i buy those extenders? i have never even heard of them pretty cool

i thought you knew . just google it "axle extenders’

http://www.sickboards.nl/en/precision-trucks/3137-surf-rodz-20mm-x-10mm-axle-extension.html

https://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/surf-rodz/103519-surf-rodz-extension-axles.html

only found these in web . maybe you’ll find more from your site . i was thinking of buying some few pieces of nuts and screws the same size as the truck’s threads and make myself my OWN axle extenders

:sunglasses:

because my trial and error styled creating work, i realized that motor holes on these mounts are way too faraway from each other. well back to drawing board.

i think this will work

i used screw axle so i have easy job when pulleys are wornout, old ones out new longer in and ballbeared wheel pulley.

Damn this thing is going to be wide.

1 Like

Looks massiv! Where did you bought these screw in axles? I tried to find them in the past, but the ones I found were ridiculous expensive.

My friend did those M8 in the both ends. took him like 40mins. so far everything is DIY

I see you found an easy fix for your motor hole problem :slight_smile:

Orginally i intended to use baseplate i have, but i fucked up as usual.

So now i have to make new baseplate. well at least i can say that i builded my own board.

3 Likes

Dude, just cut a little off the triangle at the pivot. Then screw a new pivot in.

I will try that with other hanger that pivot didnt center right. and probably it is best to lower this thing a bit.

@Tekninentuki Amazing man. That is very cool in true DIY fashion

Here is the lowered version, now its beer time.

6 Likes

thats looking real nice. I thought that the hanger looked a little bit out of proportion in the first few pics. looks a lot nicer now. well done.

how thick are those motor mounts? it looks a little thin. also I notice that you are mounting the motors at the back. any reasons?

Awesome! Drink three!!!

I like to think out of the box, mostly my shit doesnt work :grinning: and mounts are about 4mm.Btw this was my first time using the mill or what ever the thing with 8 golden spinning claws that says fuck you to metal is called.

and for the motor direction, this is like lego symmetrical flip it around and it fits

Ah cool. I usually use 6mm brackets and with the nature of skateboarding being a bit rough I have seen some of my 6mm brackets end up bent. 4mm should be ok but maybe go a little thicker next time.