My build, i have a question urgent

You usually have to remove the lipos before discharging/balancing/charging

It depends of course what you want to use the board for.

i personally would recommend buying a space cell, yes lipos can be made safe but thats not exactly 100 percent true either. At least with the space cell or torqueboards battery you get a bms to do the charging for you and prevent over discharge and under voltage. If you have kids then dont even consider lipos its too much of a safety hazard in my opinion and you probably wouldn’t want to have anything dangerous around them anyways.

thats true i just wouldnt suggest them though if you plan on bringing them into populated areas so u can avoid a possible lawsuit, and the embarassment.

It all depends, obviously I would get a space cell or torqueboards cell, but for half the price you can get lipos.

Oh so i will need to take them

Space cells come with power button and charging cable right?In that case i will buy a SPACE, Having the space is much easier,

1 Like

Yes the space cell is easier, but not cheaper

not necessarily you get more charge cycles out of li ion than lipos about 2 or 3 times as many

Im looking at torqueboards batterys and i dont understand how they work really, where is the power button and charging port¨? As you can see im quite a noob.

Dont worry, torqueboards is basically the same, i prefer their stuff though

If u live in the U.S get torqueboards he has a good warranty and way faster shipping

im personally deciding on the vesc or the esc he sells. obviously the vesc is better but his esc has a very low failure rate.

Yes, a flat pack is great, but in the long run… i think lipos are cheaper

Hey its all a matter of opinion and so far everything uv’e said makes sense but would u not agree that if he has the budget than to just get the pre maid battery?

Yes of course, if he has the budget buy the 10 or 12s3p from torqueboards

alright then yea id say lipo if he cant get the 10s 3p.

Yeah, torqueboards will probably sell a complete kit aswell

Getting cheap means read more do more your self. For total noob I recommend space cell or any other ready finished battery. If you’re in between “I could try it but not so sure”, Id suggest take lipo and learn about battery system and charging. If its difficult not many people will do this!

But yeah space cell is just way too easy, its being made like that. The price is pricey if you compare to lipos. But it has charger, it has fuse, it has soft switch and plug and play. Building own space cell with 18650 cells would cost you relatively the same as buying finished space cell.