My 1st. esk8 build - Alani Lani Mauna 44" Super Cruiser

Okay man take your time. That black and orange looks amazing.

1 Like

Should look pro when your done. :+1:

Seems a popular option these days to to run the Evolve trucks… me included.

1 Like

Yeah. Why try to invent something that it’s already out there, right? Gave me what I wanted: wide trucks, stability, great quality, carving ability, drop-thru, double bushings, proven concept and aggressive looks. :sunglasses: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Exactly, my goal for my first build is see what could be done with mostly off the shelf parts, that and I’m in Australia so Evolve headquarters is an hour from me.

1 Like

That’s right. Off the shelf! :thumbsup: Go look out there what items you need, I bet there are hundreds that fit your taste. Pick them up, gather the whole enchilada and start assembling your dreamed esk8. That’s what I did. Before starting I searched all websites on the planet. Few months of digesting information, picking here and there, reaching dead ends (like when I was looking for a dreamed alluminum deck, and learned that Dave’s Cindrich will no longer manufacture his Silverfish). Changed direction and followed other paths. Finally I found what I liked, got a nice Hawaiian longboard (Alani Lani) and started from there on.

3 Likes

I started a build thread, check it out.

1 Like

Wow!! I will devote 1 hour to follow your tread. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion and the links bro. :+1:

I’ve been following this thread and it sparked me to use the Evolve GT trucks in my own build. I bought the rears and reversed engineered them. If anyone is interested in the CAD let me know.

11 Likes

Wow!! @gmdangelo There are few measures that we need at the moment.

• What is the inclination angle° of the rear hanger related to the horizontal plane to the ground?

• What is the witdh of middle hanger’s cross section hexagonal looking edge?

is this the angle you where looking for? if not, could you use a picture to describe it?

i didn’t understand the second question. a picture would help.

5 Likes

Yes, that maybe better. Is hard top explain with words…

This angle, I think is what is being asked for, if I’m not mistaken

If you still thinking of using velcro you should should consider 3M Dual Lock, it’s a turbocharged velcro.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PX22H42/ref=twister_B00QU5SMNG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Nice tip @Flaco, thanks man. I will dig on this.

Also why not use a Evolve front trucks as a rear one with a normal clamp and mount instead of using the rear truck? May be it works. I’m asking bc I also am interested in building my future board with Evolve super carve trucks.

I highly considered using two Evole front trucks myself. In the end, I’m going to use their rear ones with the bracket

Me too I considered that at the begining. But when I had the chance to get the pair of trucks (front & rear) exibited at the local Evolve distributor I didn’t thinked twice and forgot all about getting two front trucks.

1 Like

if i take the angle like the picture you provided it’s 10.5°. @pixelsilva

4 Likes

I think the image needs to turn 90 degrees to the left (counter clockwise), the plane horizontal is the blue line, right? and right side of the image is the hanger’s top?

If that so, then yes, that was the angle we needed. :thumbsup: