MOV-E Integrated Decks Group Buy

does the lid have enough of a lip inside to make a decent gasket seal? to act as a second layer of protection for water ingress?

2 Likes

cool the velcro grip tape where did you find it? I hate the left over glue from the normal one.

There’s 10mm. IMG_20190123_112047_HHT

2 Likes

I made it from some big industrial velcro that I recieved as sample. I need to test it more .

1 Like

that was a smart choice. What I do not understand is the contact material between the grip tape and the velcro. The black matt on the board. How can it stick?

1 Like

This black thing on board is self adhesive so you’ll still have some glue on the board. I was thinking that ordinary hooks are to long and get destroyed by stepping on them and from rider weight. So I was looking for something with short little hooks and found this mushrooms Other part is cloth on griptape and it works :slight_smile: Super convenient way to have access to deck lid and not having cutout in griptape.

4 Likes

Cool! if it works as ti seems is really nice. good catch!

1 Like

CNC starts tomorrow, yes? What are the steps after that? I don’t know much about board making :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Guys :slight_smile: First deck today is out from CNC. It’s a special walnut version. You can see on the pictures that there are some faults :frowning: I need to receive this deck for inspection. Probably I’ll have to tweak CAM a bit because he said that there are some problems with retract heights and some other things. I have to be sure to give him a green light for all of them. Pics are not so nice but hope you’ll enjoy them.

received_975971092607498 received_646884679097141 received_2352470481704090 received_349438375683735

18 Likes

Looks great :slight_smile: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey sir! Do you have updates for us? Thanks so so much!

1 Like

Hey, not much happening during Easter as its quite big holyday in Poland. I’ll try to give more info tomorrow.

3 Likes

I am officially here to request an update lol :sunglasses::joy:

1 Like

Will there be a another GB of this in a few months?

It’s looking good. Can’t wait. Damn I feel like a 6 yrs old on Christmas Eve. I wish I could sleep and the woke up with the board in thaaaa MAIL!

1 Like

Hey Guys I’ll write an update in the evening.

Ok so I received a deck yesterday and tweek CAM to avoid mistakes plus make some small changes as I notice that kicktail version could use larger area for trucks. IMG_20190424_185731

I’m super happy that this guy informed me after one piece that there’s something wrong because if he just do them all this way it would be very bad. I’ll give him a green light tomorrow. @Acido to be honest I don’t know because I’m so stressed about it that it’s taking away whole pleasure. I can’t take peoples money and make them wait for over 3 months I just can’t do it. By the end of May I’ll have my own CNC and I’m also in talks with new supplier of pressed plywood with concave. IMG_20190326_152407

Also I’m building this so for sure I’ll make some test samples and if it goes smooth I’ll make another GB.

I was able to test fit 100mm wheels and to be honest it seems that they could work :slight_smile:IMG_20190424_185538 IMG_20190424_185702

16 Likes

A question just popped up in my head, what would be the best way to mount a charge port and power button to this?

I totally understand you, Im going through the same crap when something of my spotwelding equipment fails

Any news? :relaxed:

1 Like