Mounting of Trampa skate trucks on flat deck

Well, back to the drawing board. This one lasted through about ten minutes of not-too-vigorous flexing back and forth. It’s white counterpart is still intact, but that’s not saying much. I’m going to try to rework my previous design, see how that goes.

Is this printed in pla? I was thinking about this part a bit, i think printing it sideways-up would distrubute forces much better. Also i would print it in nylon for the final print. Would you share the files, id give it a go soon :slight_smile:

No, this was done with ASA-X, that’s what puzzles me. That stuff is supposed to be at least as strong as ABS. I had thought that printing sideways would be weaker, but maybe I was wrong. It does make sense that it snapped at the thinnest point though. I’ll be happy to share the file! I’ll upload it through google drive tomorrow.

Hey dude, would be awesome if you could share that file. I wanna build this board, can’t find these risers anywhere.

The correct risers were made for a group buy through @okp. These risers are now impossible to find. There aren’t other options for this. You need a metal 35degree bracket.

Sure, happy to! I’ll upload it this evening when I get home from work (my apologies in advance if I forget, it’s been a crazy time here). It’s still a work in progress so feel free to make any changes you want. I think it’s best to print it on its side.

Man. You should buy a Trampa carbon fiber deck and get done with it

3 Likes

@mikenyc, @flywithgriff the metal risers were made by Unik. They’re on his website, but according to him they’re expensive to make, so he needs a minimum of about five orders before he’ll make them.

@mikenyc @flywithgriff shot a PM to @longhairedboy he may have some left for you !

Are you going to make more of the 35 degree risers? If so, I would rather support you directly and order from your store. I’m definitely interest in 2 risers, maybe even 4 … if I’m feeling rich!

1 Like

The Skate Truck needs 15°, not 35°

Frank

Thanks man!

@flywithgriff and I are both in New York. I know one other guy who wants a pair for a build. He’s not on the forum. I’m sure I can find another! @okp

I would not mess around making adapters and build your own decks. Just get a 15° Trampa deck and you are sorted. Frank

Well of course this is your recommendation… personally I don’t like the feel of a Trampa deck.

@mikenyc what’s the need for Trampa trucks?

@flywithgriff MBS trucks are garbage. I had the Matrix 2 trucks and sent them back right away. @trampa’s stuff is top notch.

frank, in my case, I’m looking to replicate @okp’s build on a 29" long deck.

Just curious as the need, I’m running 7" pneumatics on TB 218mm trucks for MUCH cheaper than Trampa.

Personally I don’t like the skate trucks for e-boards. We use spring trucks. I also dont like to mount the trucks underneath the deck because you stand above the pivot point of the truck.

Frank

@flywithgriff I’d be down for a set of the Unik risers if y’all get an order together.