Mountain Board Machined Parts/ Designs

that angle is gonna be incredibly hard to drill correctly if i’m looking at it right

That would be great! And take your time, I’m still waiting for my belts to come before I can really finalize fitment so no rush. And atleast let me take care of shipping!

Why do you say that?

You can get creative or do something like this to ficture in a vice on a drill press

Assuming you don’t have tilting milling table to hand, some would jus go at it with a drill on a guessimation, it would not be be perfectly dead on to be an improvement

the drill bit is gonna sander and flex a whole bunch while drilling at an angle like that

2 Likes

I guarantee that’s not what the dude is gonna use to drill these :rofl:

also, did you have those mounted in a drill press?

1 Like

Well of course the part need to be fixtured at the correct angle a simple vice could hold that at the right angle it’s only aluminium.

They are not for drilling the part completely, they are for making an accurate center hole which guides the drill bit afterwards, they cost $4 delivered, HSS, but yeah not much point unless in a drill press at least

OK guys just so where all on the same page, its going to be like this?

1 Like

Yes (if we are looking at the green lines) that should hopefully be good, and if you leave the previous holes (red lines) those can be used as additional points to hold the entire bracket.

But that’s obviously up to you if you want to drill and tap four holes as opposed to two.

No going to use the same clamps, just drill & tap two more at the green lines.

1 Like

Ah ok so then that should be perfect

That’s it really, and if anyone wants to use the existing grubs screws(at an angle) then they can, but yeah the ones straight on would be the preferred choice. I can understand how the mounts could work loose given there is no bracing bars but then we didn;t pay for them :wink:

And new grub screw holes can be done to existing stock without destroying the nice anodizing

Ok done, looks good?.

8 Likes

That looks spot on!

Nice. I wish I still had a drill press. Good job dude

Thanks, but it’s not a drill press.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Bridgeport concerted to CNC? Nice

Cool simple fixture, you only need a vice and a steel bar

1 Like

yeah its a gauge block.

2 Likes