Mountain Board Machined Parts/ Designs

Idler gears are slowing me down on my build so not sure yet. Waiting for 440mm belts now

Unfortunately going that low will limit the size of pulley you would be able to use. Like for instance am using a 72t wheel pulley won’t work for me. I guest it would be good for those using smaller wheel pulley’s. I have to think about it some more.

Nice, where did you get the idlers? Also what hardware are you using to attach it? Thanks, setup looks sick! Loving the colours

Are you selling pulleys for MBS? If not, have a good source?

1 Like

I’m using a 25mm x8mm shoulder bolt with 6mm threads along with some washers and speed rings . Only other option was a 30mm shoulder bolt and alot of speed rings. 20mm x 8mm Idler pulleys are from eBay and are 25mm wide. I’m gearing down because I’m using 245kv motors with hobby king 150a esc’s and don’t want to go over 20 mph offroad. If I jump up to a higher .pinion it will make the idler pulley’s work even better with a better angle of attack. 3d printed MBS wheel pulley’s can be had for $30.00 off of the Evolve website

2 Likes

Upgrading an old design! making room for dual idlers. machined a pair for prototyping out of Delrin® acetal resin.

20180801_203405 20180801_203829

8 Likes

So longer motor plates seems better for those wanting idlers and to run gears larger than 72t. Also looks like motor mount area is slightly taller which will give more room for support rods when motor can is in the furthest back position. Now we can run bigger rods without hitting the motor can. I think I need these already!!! Beautiful work

Yes you do! :wink:

I got a set without idlers and they are awsome!

Very nice! Currently scouting for parts for my AT build later this year and i’m keeping my eye out for these.

May i ask what’s the reason for the two rectangular holes on the mount arm? Figured it’ll be stronger if it’s a solid piece throughout without the holes.

It doesn’t serve any purpose besides it looks good with it, and to take some weight of the mounts.

1 Like

I see. Yea removing some weight would help, an AT board would weigh a ton already. Any plans for a belt cover?

whoat Coast too Shipping germany

www.allterraincreations.com International shipping is $34.25

1 Like

20180910_181206 20180910_181327 20180910_181534

6 Likes

Oh Daddy likes, What length belt do you recommend for the new mounts with idler pulley? Also are you still making the mounts for the MBS ATS trucks?

As of know I don’t have any belt to try on, but my best quest would be 5mm HTD 95 Teeth 475.00mm length, using 12t/72t setup. Yes I still make those clamps for the MBS ATS trucks.

I run a 12t/72t setup and have some 450mm belts at the house. Do you think they would work or should I play it safe and order the 475mm belts?

@Rithblu a mountain board build has always been on my todo list (near the bottom) but these mounts make a MBS built with locally sourced used parts jump near the top - these look great!

As of know I only have one pair made and it’s not perfect’ but its symmetrical and clean, as long as you know that I haven’t tested it with belt yet I can sell you these and the ATS clamps with hardware for 130.00 + shipping. I think 450mm is going to be too short.

Thank!! appreciate that. :smile: