Motors for gear drive

No they dont they use aluminium

Not typically. If Yu made your aluminum motor plate/clamp a flat profile that didnā€™t need flipped. It will reduce cost and make it a simple mill.

Yeah it doesnā€™t need to be flipped but will still need that side ways mill for the clamp. Also I canā€™t figure out how to make it symmetrical because space is super tightā€¦ I am down to hairs on every sideā€¦

The gears need to be flipped thoughā€¦ thereā€™s a bearing that helps to keep it nice and axial around the truckā€¦

1 Like

Makes sense I didnā€™t see the wheel side. Now that you mention it it doesnā€™t need flipped. And the clamp portion is easily drilled with a press.

Okay awesome guysā€¦ give me some more time to do more testingā€¦

Then Iā€™ll open it up to the community to hopefully get some help to put together something more durableā€¦

4 Likes

How wide are your spur gears?

Pictured is 15mm, but I since dropped it down to 12mm

Ok thanks, you may have saved me many hours in 3d printing :heart_eyes:

How is 12mm holding up? I was gonna use 16mm at First, but If 12 is sufficient i will definitely do thatā€¦ Printing these gears takes alooot of time

I went with 12mm because the spur I have is also 12mmā€¦

Doesnā€™t make much difference for me between 12 and 15mmā€¦

1 Like

Try with 0.6mm Nozzle, cut down my gear printing time from ~11.5h to about 6h :smiley:

1 Like

How is the precision of the teeths with such a big nozzle? :slight_smile:

Itā€™s no issue for me with Mod 2 teeth. Iā€™d wager Mod 1.5 would work too and maybe even mod 1 depending on how exactly the teeth are printed.

Btw, you can see my larger geared drive in my build post here:

Iā€™m still tweaking the smaller one

1 Like

Let us know for updates :slight_smile:

I am doing the same thing for PU wheels

1 Like

IMG20180619151212

IMG20180619152109

IMG20180619153901

IMG20180619154858

Latest version of my geared driveā€¦ Metal mount, slot in gear (no more 6 x M6), encased gear cover.

IMG20180619152026

M3 bolts to fortify the flywheel adapter

9 Likes

Iā€™ve done the same thing. Mount in gear

Please share the files now :slight_smile:

How does it run?

I can see the spiderwebbing of grease,is it working ok?

Here you have a pic of my take on a gear drive for street wheels (80-110) :slight_smile: image

Not trying to hijack your thread :wink:

7 Likes