Motormounts kits for Trampa E-MTB

@Mobutusan

What’s your thoughts on the Twister hubs vs. Rockstars? Cool idea being able to swap the tires and/or tubes out without having to take everything apart. Pretty dope color choices too. Been wondering if the bolt pattern was the same.

@idea Will the motormount kit also fit on the earthquake mountbainboard?

1 Like

I have the same trucks and @Idea motor mount. You need to cut the extension for attaching the brake, and then put longer bolts (M6x20) to try and fix the holder on the hanger. Not tried it yet so not sure it is viable on the long term. I had asked @idea if he could make attachment to fit on these trucks but he has not responded.

@JGA, @itzsiebe

Designing of motor mounts without the try on is a large risk. I do not have such trucks, so I do not take the challenge, but I can make pulleys, you only need to specify the distance of the holes to the bolts.

2 Likes

@idea my wheel rims are made by N:XT They have 5 bolt holes of 4.2mm in diameter. The radius of the bolt pitch (center shaft to center bolt hole as you show in your sketch) is 42.5mm

@itzsiebe

I can make such pulleys for you

@idea thanks Tom that sounds realy good, what will be the price and delivery time? @idea

Here the v3 mount compared to trampa urban carver mount:

just needs to get black before i mount it :wink:

Good job @Idea, seems bulletproof! Is it possible to use it without crossbar, or what is the advantage of it?

3 Likes

I like compact solutions :slight_smile:

Crossbars stiffens the side plates The best solution is to build a cage, but here is only one crossbar, I did not want to exaggerate.

There is also a short panel available.

http://www.trampaboards.com/street-carver-motor-mount-panel-made-from-3k-twill-carbon-fibre-5mm-thick--regular--p-13034.html

On the bigger pulleys I prefer some belt length to have more teeth interlocking with the small pulley. This is why we have two carbon panels (long/short). Another reason is the stiffness. Lots of people don’t want a twin and need the mount being stiff and sturdy on its own.

Frank

1 Like

I use this setup to mount on the ATS

3 Likes

Hey Frank, thanks for info but the street carver mount panel is too short for use with trampa motor with axel support bearing. I like the trampa mount, it is smart and everything makes sense, it is just the size of it. I’ll use it on e-mtb where i don’t care but for urban carver i need to be “undercover”. It’s my daily commuter with battery enclosure underneath the deck. Here in austria it is still forbidden to ride on the pavement or bike lane which i do everyday. So i prefer a smaller mount to be able to pretend it is non electric when police pass by, otherwise i could get massive problems.

1 Like

Can I get those but ship it to South Africa

Hi that looks awesome

wil it work wit this one?

1 Like

I don’t know what dimensions he has truck

Where can i get them from?

If you’re using ATS it would. I don’t wish to hijack this thread so please PM me for questions about this build… Until I upload it as a separate thread

@Oogappel, @jazzcool, @Rampano, @jga

Many people ask me about the motor mounts for MBS ATS so I ordered this truck. I will show prototype motor mounts for 2-3 weeks.

4 Likes

That would be great. I was one of the guys asking you about it over emails couple of weeks ago. If you want someone to work with (feedback or anything) let me know!

@Oogappel, @jazzcool, @Rampano, @jga I already have MBS ATS, so I’m getting involved in designing motor mounts :slight_smile:

5 Likes