Motormounts kits for Trampa E-MTB

I thought Urban carver and street carver are the same - just the hanger reversed

Yes it’s true :slight_smile:

So I will have Motor mounts for Street Carver and Urban Carver. Now I only had a truck, I could not design a belt drive and test them, so I ordered a complete STREET CARVER BOARD.

3 Likes

@Idea Fantastic work dude, V3 looks awesome!

So shipping to Us is around 18$? If I’m reading this right it would cost 110~130$ to ship the Urban carver to the Usa?

Thanks @boardman5000

The price will be lower Motor mounts V3 for Street Carver and Urban Carver - $75

Cost of shipping to USA: $18 - Post Office (standard) - sea shipping (delivery time 5-8 week) $28 - Post Office (express) - air shipping (delivery time 1-2 week)

So the total price is - $93 or $103

2 Likes

I have recently made pulleys for MBS wheels, so I can now make pulleys for: MBS Rockstar PRO, MBS Rockstar II
TRAMPA SuperStar, TRAMPA Hypa

15 Likes

very nice work on the pulleys, do you have a cad library unrelated to the pulleys ?

New project, new challenge :slight_smile: The construction description will be in a new topic.

13 Likes

Set for MBS

7 Likes

@Idea That looks awesome! Exactly my setup too. I’m gonna order a set from you as soon as I figure out what options I want. Is that the 62t wheel pulley with 20mm belts? Are there significant benefits to the 20mm version over the 15mm version, besides just more torque transfer? And will this mount also work with the original Matrix trucks, by swapping out the mounting rings?

@Mobutusan The pulleys for MBS and Trampa are made in 62t and 70t versions.

If you drove leisurely then the 15mm straps will suffice, the narrower belts will have less friction resistance and you will have greater range. For more aggressive driving I recommend 20mm I do not know if you know what I mean, my English is not the best

You have an older version of the Matrix trucks?

Set for Trampa

3 Likes

Yes, in addition to the Matrix 2’s, I have what I believe are one of the first aluminum hanger channel trucks (Matrix 0?) from MBS back from the early 2000’s. It looks like they have the same hanger dimensions as the Matrix 1 trucks and similar to Trampas but with those brake mounting nubs.

Do you think your Matrix 1 rings will fit onto these hangers? Looks like I’d need them to have at least a 22 x 31mm opening to get past the brake nubs (or I could grind them off). I would like to get the extra rings and gears now to save on shipping later and have more options down the road.

Do you think I would have any problems running 20mm pulleys with 15mm belts for right now? I also would like to leave my options open for going up to the larger 20mm belts if I find it necessary, but so far 15mm have been working fairly well for me.

Also, do you know if adding an idler to your mounts would allow me to use 425mm belts? I already have a handful of those in 15mm and it would be nice to have one size belt for this mount and my other mounts I’m currently running.

Sorry for all the questions, but I just get my order and options straight so I can buy it all at once and don’t have to pay shipping again later. Thanks!

2 Likes

@Mobutusan I can make MotorMounts for MBS Matrix older version but the rings will be with PETG.

The older version truck requires making special plates because the standard ones have too small holes for the hanger, but this is not a problem.

In conclusion, I can make dedicated sheets metal but the rings will be made of PETG. I do not have a milling machine so the aluminum rings in 2 copies will be expensive.

There is another solution. If you remove the brake fixing in Hanger, you can use the standard motor mounts for Trampa. Rings for Trampa have a square hole of 22x22m

1 Like

@Mobutusan I can have a set waterjet from aluminum if you can sweet talk @Idea into sending me the ring file.

1 Like

@korryh Thanks for the offer! If @idea is willing to share the file with you, I’ll gladly take you up on it. I’ll put in the order for his mount with all the other bells and whistles and see if that helps grease the wheels of progress. :wink:

@idea Thanks for the detailed response. if it’s not too much trouble to modify the hole to accommodate both Matrix 1&2 trucks, then I’m in for that version. I’d like to not have to modify my trucks if possible, and I’d like all components to be steel or aluminum, so it would be awesome if you would be willing to coordinate with @korryh on the mounting ring. I’ll pm you an order request and go from there. Thanks!

Does machine You have access to have taper compensation (I wouldn’t go waterjet way if it doesn’t)? With thickness like 15mm it can be a problem if the ring cutout won’t be parallel to a hanger. Just my 5 cents…

I source it out when I make the mounts. With the resolution I am currently using there is a .04mm taper on 15mm thick piece of aluminum. Ill ask them if there is a taper control.

1 Like

I want a set of this, how do I buy this, I DM’d you cheers

Set for Trampa

• ATB Spring Truck
  • SuperStar wheels
  • 15mm pulleys
  • 70 tooth wheel pulley

Mine arrived!! Look awesome will post pictures along the way

Thanks

2 Likes

8 Likes